Chapter 26

Daniel's POV

27 May 2020

Hello person in my mind! (A/N: Hello, how are you?) I'm doing well, right now it's lunch time, and I'm heading to reception with Jungwon to see Miss. Im. She probably knows why Minji isn't in, and it'd be good if Jungwon knew, he seems worried sick. I heard about what happened today from Jay hyung, but I also saw him shouting earlier when he was at break. I'm not gonna lie, that was slightly embarrassing but cute, if someone added some good background music, then it would've exactly been like some romantic music scene. I bet if Shakespeare was still alive, he'd be writing a new play based on this tragic relationship. (A/N: BYE. And also that Jungwon was reading Romeo and Juliet earlier.) Wait.. seriously? That's so coincidental. But why would he, the plays are so confusing.

"Hello boys, is there anything I can help you with?" Miss. Im asks us as we approach the reception desk.

 Im asks us as we approach the reception desk

(^^^ Miss. Im the receptionist)

"Yes, Miss. Im," Jungwon replied, slightly shaky, "We were wondering if you knew why Minji was absent. We asked Miss. Park and she had said to ask you since she said she won't be in for a long time due to personal reasons."

"Well I really shouldn't say as they are "personal" reasons, but I'll just give you a brief explanation. I got a call from the hospital, saying that Mrs. Ahn, Minji's mother, had been sent there and she had no other relative other than Minji to look after her, so they asked if she could come and take care of her."

"Do you know which hospital?" I questioned since Jungwon would want to visit her anyways.

"Well, it's the hospital down the street so if you wanna check up on her," she said as she tilted her glasses down towards Jungwon, "you could but I'm sure her mother is being transferred to a hospital slightly further away, so Minji will also being transferring school temporarily until she can come back. But it depends, if her mother's condition gets worse, she may stay there forever"

Jungwon began to look slightly worried. He doesn't seem like he's going to talk so I guess I should.

"Miss. Im, when you meant "further away", do you mean abroad?"

"No no, here in this country but far from this town I mean. To get there, it'd take hours."

"Ok Miss. Im, thank you for informing us." Jungwon says as he turns around and starts walking off trembling. Miss. Im signals me to look after him and I do so.

We walk outside to the lunch hall, and I see Ni-ki wave at us. I placed my arm around Jungwon's shoulder and led him to their bench. I heard his stomach rumble loudly, hasn't he eaten today? I let him sit beside me at the end of the bench and ask him if he's eaten, but he just shook his head and then dropped it within his hands.

"Jungwon? Are you ok? You should eat something."

"No, Daniel, I'll be fine. Thank you for aski-" his stomach rumbled again.

"JUNGWON! YOU NEED TO EAT! YOUR STOMACH IS DESPERATE FOR IT! WHERE'S YOUR LUNCH?" I rip my sandwich in half and pass it to him, but he refuses to eat it.

I got up and headed to the food counter, but I felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

"Daniel, it's ok. I'll buy lunch myself." he mutters as he drags himself with his head down, slouching.

I look at the others, stunned by how upset he was. I mean, I understand he's lost his second chance with Minij. And it's clearly visible he loves her a lot. But he is THE YANG JUNGWON, the popular smart only focused on his studies one. I never expected him to be a guy who falls in love.

He walks back a few minutes later, with his food on his tray, but he's shaking so much that I'm scared he might drop it. And if he drops it, he's going to keep suffering in hunger. Poor Jungwon.

"Poor food." Sunoo says out of nowhere. We all eye him (A/N: BoMbAsTiC sIdE eYe, CrImInAl OfFeNsIvE sIdE eYe), concerned about why he cares about the food more than Jungwon. "I-I mean poor Jungwonnie...* he modifies, slightly blushing from his little "error".

Jungwon plops his tray down as well as himself and begins to eat. Well, not exactly, he's playing with his food, moving his food gently with his chopsticks. He seems like he's going to keep up with it until Jay hyung snatches his chopsticks, causing him to widen his eyes and lift his head towards him. He picks up the food on his plate and points it towards Jungwon's mouth.

"Jungwonnie, eat it." he says sternly whilst the others watch him attentively, awaiting for him to eat.

Jungwon tries to turn around but Jay hyung keeps pleading so eventually, with no other choice, he slowly opens his mouth and lets the food into his mouth. We all silently cheer that he's finally eaten as Jay hyung continues to feed him.