Chapter 17

A/N: Thank you for 1K reads!

Jungwon's POV

11 April 2020

"EXCUSE ME! YOU TWO GET UP NOW!" A man in a blue shirt and black trousers screamed at us. Who in the world?

Wait a minute. I recognise that sharp jawline.

"Jay hyung?" Minji looked puzzled after I said that. "What are you doing here?"

"Jungwon, this is why you should pay attention to my conversations instead of fantasising about Minji all the time." I got up off the bench slowly and embarrassed while Minji snickered at hyung's comment.

"I'm here because I have a part-time job here as a security guard. You're lucky no one else saw that or else you'd face public humiliation! Like seriously, who makes out with their girlfriend in public? On top of her as well."

"Jay hyung, she isn't my girlfriend!"

Minji's POV

11 April 2020

"She isn't my girlfriend!"

My heart dropped. It was like glass, as it dropped it shattered into a million pieces. Why did I just feel like this? I felt my eyes watering so I quickly turned around and wiped my eyes. My stomach was turning and twisting inside. I don't get it.

I thought he liked me. He literally kissed me. IN PUBLIC. Am I not supposed to believe we're together now? Aren't we in love? Anyone who saw that would think that, no? (A/N: Minji, don't overthink it. He probably does like you.) Then why did he say I'm not his girlfriend? (A/N: Do you want to be his girlfriend? You've never felt like this.)

Oh. I never realised how much I wanted him. I think I know now, I truly am in love with him. And, I think I do want to be his girlfriend. Does he not want me to be his girlfriend? (A/N: No I'm sure he likes you, he's quite obvious. Maybe he's not sure about what you think, so he said you're not his girlfriend.) That's true, if I've only realised my own feelings now, how would've he realised?

Jay soon walked off so it was just Jungwon and me. Again. My heart raced faster and faster. He looked down as I stared to look at his beautiful hair. Behind that, I saw beautifully lit boats, in the shape of moons.

"Jungwon-ah." He looked up and looked into my eyes. I felt my cheeks burning up. I pointed towards the river and he turned in the same direction. "The park's nearly closing, could we go on the boats before we go." He nodded, held my hand and we walked over.

As we walked, I felt butterflies fly around in my stomach. I kept going over what had happened on the bench. Jungwon's face close up was so elegant. His adorable little boba eyes. His cute dimples. His fluffy cheeks. And his lips. Soft as a pillow. His arms around me, him on top of me, our legs intertwined. All of this made me feel like I was levitating. I love Jungwon, not just his beauty. His personality is the best of him. He's smart, funny, brave and most importantly kind and gentle. He focused on where we were heading. He hasn't looked at me since our kiss. I think he's feeling weird.

Wait a minute.

Fluffy cheeks?

Cute dimples?

Why is this reminding me of something? I don't exactly know what it is though.

We arrived at the boats, and there were a few couples there. This ride was called Moonboats. I should've realised but hey. We both got in soon enough.

 We both got in soon enough

Our one was a pink boat. Pink, the beautiful colour which symbolises love. I stepped in and placed myself close to him. It was beginning to get cooler, the cold wind brushed past my arm. I began to shiver.

Suddenly, I felt an arm wrap around me. I got pulled closer to his warm body and felt his head being on mine. I tilted my head up and moved it next to his neck. I placed my hands on his chest. I felt his heartbeat. 

I could feel his lips run across my hair. I breathed hard. He eventually moved his head so I could see his face. I lifted myself up and pressed my lips onto his. It was that sensational feeling again. His soft lips pressed onto mine. His warm arms held me tight, legs intertwining with mine once again. I held his head with one hand and another around his nape. Of course, this time, there was not going to be any toppling over each other because we'd also land up toppling over and into the water.

He pulled back, smiling this time. He brushed my hair back and pulled my face close. I looked into his eyes. He looked into mine. I felt him breathing upon me. My hair flew in the wind, brushing both our faces.

"Minji..." he whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too, Jungwon."

"So.. will you be my girlfriend?"

I didn't say yes. Why would I?

Instead, I told him yes in my way. I pulled him towards me once again and kissed him. I couldn't stop myself.

Jungwon, I love you. I'll make sure I look after you with all I have. I truly do love you.