Chapter 20

Jake's POV

13 April 2020

"Oh I understand..." Minji trembled a lot, she understood but it was hard for her to cope with it. She's sweet, way too kind. She doesn't deserve this. I understand what's going through her mind, it must be very hard for her.

Yoon had come over right before we began explaining. She held Minji tightly, who was sobbing upon her shoulder. Seeing this, it just reminds me of Jungwon telling us at break.

When Jungwon told us he was broken, it was the first time we'd seen him cry in a very long time. He hadn't cried much even as a young child. He'd only cry when his father would hurt him, and he'd eventually realised how to cope with it. We knew how much Minji meant to him, but at that point, we truly understood.

*flashback*

We headed to the library, having to complete our homework for the next lesson. Jungwon and Heeseung hyung, like every other time, were the only ones who had done their homework and had to help us complete ours. Usually, it's mostly Jungwon who helps.

But today, he kept shut so Heeseung hyung helped.

Jungwon had his head in his hands, moving himself from side to side. What... he's never like this.

Sunghoon was next to him and noticed it too. He looked at me. I signalled him to look at Jungwon and try to talk to him.

"Jungwon..." he whispered, tapping him lightly. He didn't move.

"Jungwon-ah..." He whispered again, slightly louder this time whilst gently brushing his hand through Jungwon's hair.

Jungwon got up, rubbing his eyes and looking slightly puzzled... "W-what..?"

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Mhm.. just tired..."

Then, I noticed something. As his blazer sleeve slid down, I noticed the scars on his arm, and I also saw his knuckles, scratched.

And I think everyone else noticed it too.

"JUNGWON?!?!?!" Sunoo shouted quietly, being cautious of the fact that we were in the library. "What's with all the scratches on your arm?"

"Wait..." Ni-ki spoke, smirking, "Was it Minji? Did it happen when you two slept-?" Jay hyung pulled his ear.

"Excuse me, young sir. Who taught you such things? Jake?" I'M SORRY WHAT-

"Me? How dare you? It was either you or Sunghoon. You two are the ones who dream about it every night with every "pretty" girl you see walking down the streets."

And then us three started bickering until the eldest stopped us.

"All of you, stop!" Heeseung hyung shouted, earning a shush from the librarian, "We need to look after Jungwon. Wonnie, what happened?"

"Minji isn't my girlfriend."

We all gasped, and got an explanation about why.

*end flashback*

And here, right now, I see how much Jungwon means to her. They're probably only been friends for about a month or so. And they've gotten very close over time. Of course it was fast, Jungwon had loved her since the beginning. It wasn't a simple crush, like mine for Yoon, it was a lot more.

Both were truly in love, you could see it in their eyes, their actions.

After some time, Minji had gotten up. Her eyes were red, her hair messy. You could tell she was tired and very upset.

"Minji, you ok?" I asked.

She nodded, slowly lifting herself up.

She seemed really weak. I felt bad.

"I'm gonna go now. Thank you for everything. See you tomorrow at school, I guess."

She walked off.

"Guys, I'll follow her and take her home. You guys head home. See you tomorrow!" I quickly got up and ran behind her.

I ran off to see Minji at the exit. I ran towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She did a cute jump, scared.

"Oh Jake, it's just you.."

"Minji, lemme take you home." I told her, holding out my hand.

She held it, and we walked to her house together.

The walk was full of silence. I didn't want to disturb her thoughts, she needs time to herself, but I only came along because she seems like she may collapse any minute. She was shaking a little bit and her head was kept down. I couldn't see her face as it was covered in her long, wavy hair.

Eventually, we got there so I waved goodbye as she entered through the door. I was about to walk back when...

"BOO!"

"AHHHH!" Wait a minute... "Bro, why'd you do that Ni-ki".

Everyone else came out from behind the bush.

"Sorry bro," Heeseung hyung said, "We were following you to check on Minji."

I explained to them about how she seemed weak and that she was quiet the whole time, which they'd already seen.

Oh Minji, Oh Jungwon...

Hope you guys feel better soon...