Chapter 13

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day!

Jungwon's POV

11 April 2020

It's now 3.55pm. I am 5 minutes early but I'm already here. I look up at her house. The flowers growing are so pretty. Very pretty. She seems to enjoy gardening. The front overall is just beautiful. I walk up to the doorstep and am about to knock when I halt.

What happens if her mum opens the door? I knock anyways.

And my suspicion was correct. It was her mum that opened the door. She's as beautiful as Minji, having many similar features like the eyes and hair. She stands there, keeping warm in her dressing gown and holding a cup in her hand, in which steam gently flows out of it. Her hair is in a messy bun, but still looks pretty.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I said, bowing my head slightly.

"Annyeonghaseyo to you too son." she replied, "Please may I know why you're here, and who you are."

"I'm Jungwon, and I'm Minji's friend. We've arranged to hang out today, if that's alright with you." I see a bit of confusion in her face as she stares into my eyes.

"Of course, Minji told me a friend was coming but she didn't tell me who it was. But, have we ever met before? You seem really familiar and your name rings a bell." I shake my head in response and she lets me head in.

She allows me to head upstairs and to Minji's room. I knock on the door, but I hear no response. I know this is bad, but I walk in. But it was a good idea. I saw her sitting on the bed, zoning out while crying. Tears streamed down her face, yet she stayed gorgeous. I looked beside the bed, to the flowers on the table and my heart melted. The Himalayan blue poppies...

But why was she crying? I called her name, but she didn't reply so I slowly walked to sit beside.

"Minji-ah..." She jumped and looked at me, her eyes continued to water as I pushed her head gently to let her lay on my shoulder. I felt her arms cling around my chest, so I wrapped her too.

"Jungwonnie, I'm sorry for crying," she replied, breathing heavily against my shoulder, pausing between each and every word she said. "It's just that... I thought of something and then yeah..."

"Don't worry, take your time."

After some time, she seemed ok. She walked off to the bathroom to wash up whilst I headed back downstairs. Her mum saw me once again and let me sit down on the sofa, where we had a chat.

"Son, would you like some tea?"

"No, it's ok, we're planning to leave soon."

"Oh, well what were you doing upstairs?" Uh-oh. I wasn't sure if I should tell her that she was crying, maybe she'll get worried.

"Well, Minji hadn't finished packing her bag, so I was just telling her what to put in"

"Ah I see. I'm sorry about her, she can be very lazy sometimes." Was that the wrong thing to say oops. "By the way, where are you off to?"

Obviously, I had to tell her and then I said not to tell Minji because I was keeping it a secret. (A/N: Can I not know now?) Nope, still not yet. (A/N: Ugh I hate you) I hate you too, buddy!

Minji walked down the stairs and walked up to her mum. She hugged her lightly and then signalled me to get up. I waved at her mum, who waved back with a great smile on her face and got up to escort us to the door.

"Bye kids! Have fun!"

We walked along the street, Minji staying by my side. She'd question me every now and then about where we were heading, but I refused to answer each time, causing a small pout to appear on her face. And no, I'm still not telling you. (A/N: I WASN'T PLANNING TO ASK!) Fine. Fine. I was just saying. We arrived at the train station, where I pulled out our tickets and let her hold one.

The place is at Namsandong, and the nearest place is Myeongdong, so we get off at that station and then I'm planning to take the bus. I explain this to Minji, who understands and hops onto the train with me. It seems quite full, so we have to stand up on the train. I hold onto the handle above my head, whilst she holds onto the pole besides her.

The train suddenly began to move and Minji was holding onto the pole quite lightly so she tripped. I quickly grabbed her with my arm as she clutched onto my shirt and fell onto my chest. I think I'm living in a dream today hehehe. (A/N: I wish I was...) She looked up at me, and I looked back down. It stayed like that for a bit, until Minji realised her awkward position. I let her get up and move back into her old position but instead, she just wraps one arm around my waist and lays one hand on my chest and stares through the compartment. She looked like she didn't really care about what she did, BUT I DO. I'm literally ascending right now, and I feel my cheeks heating up. I wrap one arm around her waist as well and stay that way till we reach Myeongdong station.

We walked out of the station and to the bus stop. I look at the timetable. It says the bus comes at 4.25 and it's 4.20.

"Minji, we have to wait 5 minutes."

"Ok!" She smiles as she interlocks her arm into mine. WHAT'S GOING ON TODAY? SHE'S NEVER BEEN LIKE THIS BEFORE. AM I STILL SLEEPING OR SOMETHING? (A/N: ooooooooooo I think someone's having a lucky day) I think so too. I wonder what's going on in her brain. 

Minji's POV

11 April 2020

I interlocked my arms with Jungwon. I'm honestly falling in love, but something tells me not to. Also, I want to check if I heard it right. If he does really love me. Obviously, if he does, then I'm in luck. But if he doesn't, I don't mind, love probably won't even work out for a girl like me anyways.

The taxi arrives, and this time we do get seats obviously. The driver seemed like a young and friendly man, and easily started a conversation.

"Annyeonghaseyo kids. Hope you're doing well today."

"Yes, we're doing quite well." Jungwon replies, "How about you?"

"I'm doing great!" he shouts enthusiastically, "Are you two dating by any chance?"

We both look at each other, stunned with our eyes wide open.

"From that reaction, I guess not..."

And for the rest of the ride it's quiet.