Prologue

Minji's POV

1 March 2020

Hello to the person living in my mind right now.

I'm Ahn Minji, an only child and daughter to Ahn Soojin. My father passed away just when I was seven. I'm the only family my mum has. I know how upset she's been over a long period of time. I live here today just for my mum, the only person I've ever truly loved in my whole 16 years of existence, as well as my father of course. I want to make her happy.

Anyways, if you're wondering what I'm doing right now other than talking to my inner self, I'm with my friend, Shim Jayoon. She's the only other person I can trust. She's the class president of our class. She's so responsible and kind and always there for me. I always try to make sure I can do the same.

"Minji~"

"YAH! AHN MINJI!"

"Hello, earth to minji..."

"U-uh yeah what," I finally replied.

"For Namjoon's sake, where have you been?" Totally proving she's an Army once again, ugh. "I've called you like a gazillion times by now, you ok?" I hummed and looked down as I felt her arm wrap around my shoulders.

"So what should we do now?" I looked up and spoke with a smile on my face as I gently pushed her arm off. "We've finished all the homework due for tomorrow and all the other stuff."

Well now look at who's dozing off on her phone.

"Yoonie, are you even listening to me?"

"Uh yeah. Soz bubs, it's just that you know Sunghoon from our class right," oh yeah, him. "He was asking about the homework, that's all."

"Ahhhhh I see."

By the way, about Sunghoon, he's a part of this friend group. They call themselves ENHYPEN. They're really popular and almost every girl in our year has a crush on them. Why did I say almost? Well, it's cause Yoon doesn't even have an interest in guys and well me... I know I'll be heartbroken anyways. They probably don't even know I exist. Even if I'm working with Ni-ki for our current science project.

I mean I kinda admire Yang Jungwon...

Kinda...

Definitely not a crush

(A/N: yeah definitely not *totally not sarcasm*)

LDJKJFNDFKDSK

Who was that? Is it you? Were you the one who just said 'yeah right'? Well, to whoever just said that I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM.

I just kinda like him. I mean he's cute and he's fluffy and his dimples are so adorable that I just wanna go up to him and poke th-. WTF AM I SAYING? EWWWWWW MINJI!!!!

"Yo Minji, you just got a message." And there goes my beloved Yoon disturbing our convo once again.

I picked up my phone to see who it was.

+82-XX-XXXX-XXXX

Ohh umm hey...

I'm not sure how to introduce myself but I'd just like to say I really like you. Whenever I look at you my heart beats faster and butterflies start flapping hard in my stomach. You're so cute and your dimples are so adorable that every time I see you I just wanna go up and poke them. Sorry that was just weird. I'll try and come and meet you in person when I have the confidence too, I'm sorry. Something's preventing me and I don't know what it is. Is it the fear of rejection?

Well, see you tomorrow in class.

- Fluffy boy

"Oooooo someone's got a secret admirer!"

"YOONIE!"