Epilogue

Ron wakes to the sound of humming coming from the house, with his eyes still closed he feels beside him hoping to gain warmth but frowns when the spot is empty.

With a heavy sigh he gets out of the bed stretching as he does. Venturing through the small cottage like house he finds Alex dancing around the kitchen in just his jumper, leaning against the doorframe he smiles at the sight.

"Take a picture," She calls over her shoulder, "It'll last longer."

He smiles, pink tinting his cheeks as he walks the small distance wrapping his arms around her waist. "Please tell me you aren't attempting to cook."

She swats his hands with the spatula in her hands and he chuckles placing a kiss on the exposed skin of her shoulder, "I'm not that bad of a cook, and I thought I'd treat you today."

"Why?" He asks sceptically raising his head to make sure she hasn't brought home another surprise dog. She rolls her eyes flipping the pancake, "I can't treat you?"

"I'm not complaining, just sceptical of waking up to a Husky in the bed with us."

"If I was too get another dog it would be either German Shepard or a Pug."

"Those are two very different types of dogs," She shrugs again placing one of the pancakes onto a plate and handing it to him over her shoulder, "I was thinking we finish the house today."

Alex nods turning off the stove and looking out over their new house, they had been living at Grimmauld Place for the past few years since the War, and just last week they had moved into their new sea side home not too far from the Shell Cottage.

The living room has still not been finished and plastic covering still sit over the furniture from the painting they had done the day before.

"You want to go back to Grimmauld Place to get the other things today?"

Ron shrugs with a nod, "Why not?"

They quickly eat their breakfast and then change before Apparating to Grimmauld Place.

The pair walk in flicking their wand for the empty boxes to follow them up the stairs, they set the boxes down in the final room, Alex's old room.

Ron places the boxes on the floor watching as Alex smiles at a few pictures on the wall.

Alex laughs quietly to herself as she looks at a photo of her, Ron, Hermione and Harry, they all have matching grins as they stand outside of the train, it's the end of their second year, Molly had made them stand there to take photos for what felt like hours.

"Ron, look at this-"

She turns but the photo falls from her hand as she spots Ron kneeling in front of her, she raises a brow as that's the only thing she can actually do in her frozen like state.

"Lex-"

"Ron..."

"I have loved you from the moment I met you during our first day and you told Malfoy he used too much hair gel. And I know we haven't left school for long, and this is probably too fast as we didn't even admit our feelings until the last year of school, but I know that I never want to be without you by my side. Not in sickness, not in health, I want you here every bloody day. So-"

"Yes."

"What?"

"Yes!"

"I didn't even ask the question yet."

"Right, sorry."

"Will you, Alexandra Minerva Black, do me the great pleasure-"

"Yes...sorry."

"The great pleasure of marrying me and becoming my wife?"

"Yes!" She drops to her knees in front of him nodding her head over and over, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes..." She repeats over and over as she plants kisses all over his face finally landing on his lips.

He slips the ring onto her finger as she kisses his cheeks, he grabs her face in his hands, the small black velvet box that held the ring now discarded beside them.

They move together in sync, only breaking apart for air or to push off the others clothes, going together all night and exploring each other, until they find themselves cuddled together under the covers of the bed.

"I promise, I'll never leave you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Ronald."

"This is one I intend to keep, Alexandra."

"Don't ca-"

"Call me Alexandra."

~The End of Skinny Love~