Chapter 7

Alex breaths heavily as she stands in front of the Chamber of Secrets door, Ron mutters Parseltongue, she raises a brow at Ron who smiles with a shrug, "Harry talks this in sleep."

They slowly walk down the chamber, Alex grips the Basilisk fang from the large skull pulling it out and walking over to Ron who kneels in front of the cup. Ron nods towards it and she quickly shakes her head, "Go on."

"No, I can't."

"You do it."

She quickly shakes her head holding it out to him, "I can't."

Ron gently grabs her face in his hands forcing her to look at him, "Yes, you can!"

She nods, muttering an apology to Harry under her breath she lifts the fang as Ron steadies the cup.

Brining the fang down onto the cup it spins and shoots away as water rises around them.

The couple jump up, running backwards with their hands interlaced as the water takes form of Voldemort.

The water drops on top of them soaking them through their clothes, they turn to face each other, both panting heavily as the water slowly drains around them.

"That was-"

Ron cuts her off by pulling her against him and ducking his head down to capture her lips against his. "Hot... That was hot."

She shakes her head chuckling as she rests her forehead against his chest, "Come on, we have to find them."

She grabs his hand dragging him out of the Chamber while he looks at the map, "Bloody hell! We'll never find them on this."

Alex rolls her eyes looking at the map as she holds half of it up for them, "Here he is," She says, her brows furrow when their two friends suddenly disappear, "They were just..."

"Brilliant!"

"They just vanished. I'm sure I saw it."

"Maybe he's gone to the Room of Requirement," Ron suggests, "It doesn't show up on the map, does it? Hermione said that last year."

Alex nods following after him towards the Room of Requirement, she smiles when they find their two friends there. But the smile vanishes when they see three Slytherins holding their wands towards them.

"Expelliarmus."

Before Crabbe can cast his spell he's getting distracted as a stack of items fall next to him from Alex's spell.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Stupefy!"

"That's my girlfriend, you numptie!" Ron yells angrily as he chases the three boys away with another angry yell.

Alex scoffs slightly shaking her head, but there's still a smile there from the unfamiliar title. She turns watching Harry begin to climb, he climbs faster and faster, his hands slipping a few times but finally he leans back holding up the diadem, "Got it!"

Just as he lands back on his feet Ron is running back screaming, he grabs Alex's hand, who in turns grabs Hermione's, "They've set the bloody place on fire!"

Flames begin to surround them in the room of requirement, one large flame cuts them off making them turn the other way.

"Harry, Lex, Hermione!" Ron points to a few old brooms laying around, her passes one to everyone and they kick off flying towards the exit.

"Come on! This way!"

They pass Draco, Blaise and Crabbe just as Crabbe falls into the fire with a loud scream, "We can't leave them!"

"He's joking, right?" Ron asks as Harry turns, but nonetheless the group follow after, "If we die for them, Harry, I'm gonna kill you!"

Harry grabs Draco and Ron gets Blaise before following after the two girls towards the door, they land on the floor with a thud all of them rolling away from the doors, "Harry!"

He looks up as a fire shaped Voldemort begins to approach the door, kicking the diadem into the flames the doors slam shut making Alex sigh with relief and drop back against the floor with exhaustion.

"Where to next?"

"No idea."

"It's the snake," Harry says out of breath as he helps Alex to her feet, "She's the last one. It's the last Horcrux."

"Look inside him, Harry. Find out where he is, if you find him, we can find the snake. And we can end this!"