Chapter 4

"Hey, well done, Harry, Alex." Fred says as he walks up beside the trio that consists of Ron, Harry and Alex.

"Fred and George are on the team too, Beaters." Ron tells them.

George nods, "Our job is to make sure you don't get bloodied up too bad! Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch!"

"Brutal," Fred adds, "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally... but they'll turn up in a month or two!" Fred calls after them.

Alex grins and bounces on her feet excitedly as she walks forward, "Oh, I can't wait to play! Can you just imagine it? The wind in your hair? The deathly Bludgers shooting at you as you try to avoid falling form your broom, the adrenaline, the-"

"Alex," Ron says nodding towards Harry's wide eyes, "I don't think you're helping."

"Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great too!"

Hermione jumps up from her bench and walks over to them greeting Alex with a smile, "But I've never played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?"

"You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood."

Hermione leads the trio through twists and turns of the corridors until they stop in front of a trophy case, "Blimey, my Grans on there too."

A smile spreads across her face as she looks at the trophies, 'Minerva McGonagall' and 'Annabelle McGonagall' are on quite a few making a proud feeling swell in her chest.

She looks to see 'James Potter' printed on a Seeker trophy. Alex tilts her head to the side, being in Hogwarts is making her feels closer to her mother already, its makes her want to find out who her father is.

A new goal for her time at Hogwarts, find her father, no matter what.

~~~~~

"I'm telling you, it's spooky," Ron begins as they step onto a staircase, "She knows more about you than you do."

"Who doesn't?" Harry responds.

The stair case shudders making Alex reach out to grab the person closest to her, that just so happens to be Ron, the pair blush as she unlatches herself from him while clearing her throat. "What's happening?"

"The staircases move, remember?"

Harry sighs and taps Ron's shoulder nodding his head towards the closest corridor, "Let's go this way."

Ron nods and gestures for Alex to follow, grabbing Hermione's arm gently she tugs her after the two boys. "Does anyone feel like we're not supposed to be here?"

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the third floor. It's forbidden." Hermione tells them.

"All the more reason to stay." Alex says with a large grin.

Alex squints as she looks into the distance, she gasps when she spots a cat with red eyes, "Its Filch's cat, quickly!"

"Run!"

Alex attempts to distract the cat only for her to get dragged away by both Harry and Ron who loop an arm each through her own. "It's locked!"

"Oh, move over," Hermione exclaims, "Alohomora." Ron repeats the spell with furrowed brows, "Standard book of spells, Chapter 7."

Hermione presses her ear against the door listening out for Filch, "He's gone."

"Probably thinks this door's locked."

"It was locked."

"And for a good reason," The three follow Harry's gaze to a large three headed dog that yawns, upon noticing the four first years it begins to growl. The three scream and bolt out of the corridor, shutting it behind them.

~~~~~

"What do they think they're doing? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron exclaims as they walk through the portrait hole.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione questions, Alex nods her head.

Ron looks between them with a shocked expression, "I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or, maybe you didn't notice, there were three!"

They begin to climb the stairs and Alex rubs her eyes tiredly, "It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." She tells Ron as Hermione nods crossing her arms over her chest.

"Guarding something?" Harry questions finally speaking since they left the room.

Hermione nods, "That's right. Now, if you three don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!"

Ron rolls his eyes as Alex tiredly follows behind the brunette. "She needs to sort out her priorities!"