Chapter 8

"He has the perfect liberty to kiss whoever he wants. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I had to make... other arrangements."

"Have you?" Harry asks.

Alex sighs grabbing another book from Hermione and standing on the table to put it into place, "Yes. Why?"

"Well, I just thought seeing is not the risk at going with who we'd really like to, we should go together, as friends."

Hermione sighs, "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Who are you going with?" The pair ask in usion.

Hermione sighs handing another book to Alex before leaning against the table as Alex jumps down, "McLaggen."

The two turn to Alex, "What about you?"

"Um, it's a surprise. Anyways, you we have got to worry about. You can't take just anyone. See that girl over there?" Alex points to the girl behind them and Hermione quickly lowers her hand.

"That's Romilda Vane. Harry, she's been trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?"

Hermione snaps her fingers in his face, "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One."

"But I am the Chosen One," Harry says, he yelps as Alex hits him over the head, "Okay, sorry, um... Kidding. I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool."

~~~~~

"Drink?"

"No thanks, Neville." Alex sighs looking around, Harry jumps not realising she had sneaked up behind him

"Neville." Harry greets before turning to look at Alex, "Where's your surprise date?"

"No clue, what are you doing, Neville?" She asks changing the subject.

Neville smiles and holds up the tray of drinks in his hands, "I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Belby hanging up towels in the loo room."

Harry shakes his head lifting his hand to dismiss Neville, "I'm fine, mate. Thanks."

Alex sighs when she sees her date coming towards her and quickly ducks away, "Who's she hiding from?"

"Zabini."

Harry chokes on air and looks to see the Slytherin walking over to Alex who mumbles under her breath as the students she was hiding behind moves.

"Hey, Black, where'd you disappear to?"

"Didn't disappear nowhere, been here the entire time, Zabini, you've been ogling that Ravenclaw too long, Zabini."

Blaise raises his brows as he follows her towards the food table where she picks up a finger sandwich and begins to eat it, "Who says she's the one I was ogling?"

"What are you suggesting, Mr. Zabini?"

Blaise smirks and steps closer to her leaning against the wall as she moves on to the next tray of food, "I'm suggesting, Miss. Black, that you look so beautiful in that dress I can't take my eyes off of you."

Alex glances up at him as she licks the food from her fingers before walking away with a smile. Blaise smiles as he watches her walk towards Luna chatting away with the Ravenclaw girl.

"Blaise is watching you very intently, did you know?"

"Oh, I'm counting on it." Alex smirks not looking back at Blaise as she changes the subject.

The party is interrupted as Filch walks in dragging Draco behind him, "Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib."

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party."

Alex looks at Draco raising a brow, since their truce the pair have bumped into each other during their weekly pity sessions and chatted a few times, neither go as far as to telling the other what's wrong, and they wouldn't actually go as far as saying they're family, but they're civil.

"Okay, okay, I was gate-crashing. Happy?"

Snape steps forward glaring at him, "I'll escort him out."

"Certainly, Professor." Draco says ripping his arm from Filch's hold.

"Alright, everyone carry on, carry on."

Alex sighs and smiles at Luna before excusing herself as she goes to find Hermione, "She left." McLaggen tells her when he sees her glancing around, "Said she didn't feel well."

"Yup, definitely why she left."

"What's that supposed to mean, Black? You suggesting that I'm not a good date as well as Keeper?"

Alex rolls her eyes turning to finally look at him, "For Godric's sake, McLaggen, you were shit, sorry to burst your little dickhead bubble but you weren't as good as you think, now piss off."

Blaise raises his brows as he walks over drinks in hands, "I was on my way over to kick his arse, see I don't need to."

"I can take care of myself, besides, just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't kick a man's arse, or anyone's arse for that matter."

"A woman?" He says tilting his head to the side in an amused manner.

"Of course, a dangerous one, are you sure you can handle me?"