Chapter 8

"Lex... Lex!"

Alex jolts upright heading butting Ron in the process, "Ron?"

"Quickly," He grabs her hand giving her no chance to process anything before he's dragging her into the common room where Harry is pacing around, "Harry, mate, calm down."

"Calm down?" Harry questions.

Alex looks between them and then at the door just as McGonagall hurries into the room, "Okay, what's going on?" She questions watching her grandmother drag Harry away, she sighs as Ron grabs her elbow pulling her with them.

"It's cold." She complains looking down at her short-shorts and oversized band tee. She crosses her arms trying to cover up, her hair turns a light shade of pink as the portraits watch them pass.

Ron wraps his dressing gown around her shoulders and she quietly thanks him following Harry and Minerva into the Headmaster's office.

~~~~~

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim... or looking down at the scene?"

Alex stands beside Ron, a hand resting on Ginny's shoulder who sits in a chair in front of them, "Neither. It was like I... Will you please just tell me what's happening?"

"Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people." Dumbledore says turning to a portrait besides him.

"Sir." Harry tries but is interrupted.

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured... and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

Alex quickly grabs Ron's hand with her free one giving it a small squeeze for support, "They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

"Oh, thank goodness. Next we need to..."

"Look at me!" Harry yells making everyone jump from surprise and look over at him, "What's happening to me?"

Snape appears in the doorway raising a brow at them all, "You wished to see me, headmaster?"

"Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable."

~~~~~

The Weasley's, along with Alex, took the Floo network to Grimmauld place getting greeted by Sirius as they stepped through, "What's going on? Jellybean?"

She gives her father a quick hug before running after the fuming Ron, "Ron! Ron, wait!"

He storms up the stairs quickly going into her room and slamming the door behind him, "Ron!" She bangs her fist on the door but he doesn't open.

"Ron, Dumbledore said he's going to be fine! Open the door!"

She sighs resting her forehead against the door, "Ronald Bilius Weasley! Open the door or so help me God I will shove my wand so far up your-"

"Jellybean," Sirius says popping his head up the stairs quickly interrupting her, "Give him a few minutes. Tea?"

She shakes her head resting her back on the door and sliding down until she sits on the floor with her knees against her chest, Sirius sighs and sits beside her, she quickly covers her hand with Ron's sleeves going unnoticed by Sirius.

"Ginny's fallen asleep, Fred and George are watching her, they're waiting for news from Dumbledore."

She nods and leans her head on his shoulder fighting away her own sleep, "Where's Harry?"

"He's coming." She whispers, "Where's Remus?"

"With Tonks." Sirius smirks wiggling his brows making her laugh quietly.

She sighs closing her eyes, "Umbridge gave me a truth potion, asked me when was the last time I saw you."

"Really? What did you say?"

"A load of rubbish, really. Basically gave her my life story, she got a bit bored before I could tell her that I had owled you a month ago and I live with you during the holidays."

Sirius shakes his head with a laugh, "Get some sleep, Jellybean."

"Ronald has locked himself in my room." She complains.

"We live in a house with a lot of rooms, Ginny's fallen asleep on one of the kitchen chairs, I'm sure you'll manage."

She waves goodbye watching as he hurries back down the stairs, she taps her knuckles lightly against the door and sighs as she moves to lean against the wall and face the door.

She begins to sing quietly to herself as she taps the rhythm of the song against the door.

On the other side of the door Ron lays on her bed staring at the ceiling debating on actually getting up to open the door, he knows she could get it open if she really wanted to.

He listens to her singing softly and begins to hum along as he stares at the glowing stars on the walls and ceiling.

With a soft click the door opens, he glances at her as she slowly walks in before retuning his gaze to the cluster of stars made to look like Orion.

The bed dips slightly as she lays down beside him, "He'll be fine."

"I know. I just-"

"I get it, Ron, I know what it's like to lose a parent, I just want you to know, I'll always be here."

He smiles keeping his gaze locked on the star right above his head, he slips his hand into her own and squeezes it gently receiving a quick squeeze back. "I won't ever leave you, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Alexandra."

"This is one I intend to keep, Ronald."