"That's what it says right here. This book is property of the Half-Blood Prince."

~~~~~

"For weeks, you carry around this book. Practically, sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is."

Alex walks with her hands in her pocket as she tries to keep warm, "I didn't say I wasn't curious and I don't sleep with it."

"Well, it's true. Well, I never get a nice chat before I go to bed. And all you do is read that bloody book. It's like being with Hermione."

Hermione sighs taking the lead, "Well, I was curious So, I went to-"

"The library? And?" Alex, Ron and Harry say in usion.

Hermione sighs, "And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to the Half-Blood Prince."

"There we go. That settles it, then."

"Does anyone fancy a Butterbeer?" Harry asks.

They walk into the room, Hermione goes to sit beside Harry but Harry pushes her to the other side next to Alex, "No, sit aside me." He tells Ron.

"Okay." Ron shrugs taking off his coat.

"Something to drink?"

"Four Butterbeer and some ginger in mine and Alex's, please." Harry asks smiling at the waitress.

"You ever meet up with that girl after Harry?" Alex asks, he shakes his head, "She'd been giving you the eyes the entire time we were there."

Harry smirks and raises a brow, "Just like that boy who bought you a bowl of chips."

Alex shrugs, "Free food, I wasn't actually going to meet him after we finished, I'm not stupid. He could have been Jack the Ripper."

"Alex, Jack the Ripper was around in the 1800s."

"Who's to say he's not immortal." She shrugs thanking the waitress as she places the Butterbeer in front of them.

Ron suddenly snaps his head away from one corner, "Oh, bloody hell. Slick git."

"Honestly, Ron, see they're only holding hands... And snogging."

Alex smiles and gives a thumbs up to Ginny when she looks over, Ron quickly reaches over lowering her hands, "Don't encourage them. I'd like to leave."

"What? You can't be serious." Hermione scoffs.

Ron nods gesturing to where Ginny has now resumed her making out with Dean, "That happens to be my sister."

Alex shrugs, "So? What if she looked at me and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?"

Ron flushes red as Alex sips her drinks again, "Hey, my boy." Slughorn calls as he walks over.

"Hello, sir," Harry says politely getting up to greet the Professor, "So wonderful to see you."

"And you, and you."

"So what brings you here?" Harry asks.

"Oh, Three Broomsticks and I go way back further than I care to admit. I could remember when it was One Broomstick. All hands on deck, Black, Granger." He calls as he spills his drinks over the pair.

Alex clenches her jaw as he hair turns a light shade of red, "Listen, my boy, in the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper party. Select a student or two. Would you be game?"

"I consider it an honour, sir." Harry says with a firm nod wiping a few droplets of Butterbeer from Alex's head.

"You'd be welcome too, Granger."

Hermione nods politely, "I'd be delighted, sir."

Slughorn turns to Alex, "You too, Black? You're rivalling your uncle in talent, Quidditch and Potions."

"Actually sir- sure, I'd be delighted." She glares at Hermione who had elbowed her.

"Splendid! Look for my owl. Good to see you, Wallenby."

"What are you playing at?" Ron hisses handing Alex his scarf to wipe herself down as she had gotten most of the drink over her.

Harry shrugs his shoulders, "Dumbledore's asked me to get to know him."

Alex scoffs, "Get to know him?"

Harry shrugs, "Dunno. It must be important. If it wasn't, Dumbledore wouldn't ask.

"Got a little bit..." Ron gestures to Alex's lip and she shrugs wiping away the froth of Butterbeer with the back of her hand.

"Let's go." Harry says suddenly.

Alex quickly downs the rest of her Butterbeer and wraps her jacket around herself as she follows Harry out of the pub. She tilts her head up catching snowflakes on her tongue as they walk.

Ron watches, amused, "Harry."

"What?"

"Did you hear what she was saying back in the pub there on me and her snogging?" Ron asks his eyes still on Alex's figure as she wraps an arm around Hermione almost falling as Hermione stumbles backwards.

"Mione, you're a lightweight." Alex comments pulling the girl up to her feet causing them both to fall as Hermione lies flat against the snowy ground.

Harry chuckles turning back around and continues walking with Ron, "As if."

Hermione walks forward wrapping an arm around Ron and Harry and she sighs happily.

Alex jogs to catch up with them hitting into the back of Harry as the others stop, looking up in the air she sees Katie Bell in a star fish position as she silently scream, "I think she may have had one too many Butterbeers." Alex whispers quietly.

"I warned her. I warned her not to touch it."

"Don't get any closer! Get back, all of you," Hagrid calls as he runs past, "Do not touch that, except for the wrappings. Do you understand?"

~~~~~

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?"

Katie's friend nods her head, "It's like I said. She left to go to the loo. And when she came back, she had the package. She said it was important that she deliver it."

"Did she say to whom?"

"To Professor Dumbledore."

"Very well. Thank you, Leanne. You may go," With a sigh McGonagall turns to her granddaughter, who has until now been doing very good at avoiding her, "Why is it when something happens, it is always you four?"

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." Ron says and Alex chuckle and Minerva to shoot a glare at her.

Snape sighs walking in when he sees the four children, "Oh, Severus. What do you think?"

"I think Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive."

Harry steps forward looking between the two teachers, "She was cursed, wasn't she? I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall agrees.

"It was Malfoy." Harry says with a firm nod making his three friends gape at him.

Minerva raises a brow at him, "That is a very serious accusation, Potter."

"Indeed. Your evidence?"

"I just know."

"You 'just' know," Snape questions and Harry nods, "Once again, you're astonished with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One."

"I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you," The four slowly turn away, "Not you, Alexandra."

"Oh, look, Ron, a pretty owl, huh- scatter!"

She attempts to run but Minerva transfigures one of the benches behind her into a wall making her run right into it. "Ouch..."