Chapter 27 : stage four (depression)

*.•Tuktirey POV•.*

"Mama?" I tiredly open my eyes to face my mother who is holding me against her chest. "Yes TukTuk?" She opens her eyes as well, still half asleep. "When is Teyam gonna wake up?" Her eyes immediately look much sadder, I didn't mean to make my mama sad...

"Ma'TukTuk, Neteyam is not-" she inhales sharply "he is not coming back" her voice is quieter than it was before. "But he said that he wouldn't leave me" I refuse to look my mother in the eyes, I want to see my brother...

"Mama I'm going walking" I slip out of her clutches before she can stop me and walk over the paths between the maruis to try and find my brother. In my haste, I run into one of the metkayina and they knock me to the ground.

"Oh, hey Tuk" I look up at Ao'nung, he looks different from the last time I saw him. His hair is messier and there are dark circles under his eyes. "Hello Ao'nung! Why are you sad?" I take his hand and drag him to the side of the nets, abandoning my mission to find Neteyam.

"I don't know- just feeling down I guess" he doesn't look me in the eyes, which is quite annoying when I'm trying to understand why he is sad. "Is it about Teyam?" I try to get him to look at me, but he refuses.

"I guess- it's just- before the war we had an argument" I listen to his statements, slightly confused, until I finally realize what he isn't saying. "You know he really loves you right?" This time when I look at him there are tears in his eyes, and I wrap him into a hug.

"Thanks, I needed this" he bends his back so he can put his head on my shoulder. I made him happy again :)

I hope Teyam comes back soon cause Ao'nung really needs him....

*.•Neteyam POV•.*

The voice telling me to open my eyes quieted down a while ago, and so did the crying. Now it sounds more like yelling, but I can't tell who it is or what they're saying.

I still can't move, or feel my chest rise. A sharp stinging in my chest pulls me back into reality harshly, reminding me of the burning sensation in my lungs.

Are you afraid of dying?

What kind of question is that? Yea I guess, I don't particularly want to die right now. But why are you asking this?

Why do you want to live?

What is with these questions all of a sudden? I guess so I can see Tuk grow up and become a great warrior. And I can see Lo'ak finally ask out Tisreya (hopefully I haven't missed that). So I can see Kiri become a great healer. So I can see Ao'nung again...

You didn't say anything about yourself...

Well, because I've already done everything I need to, I just want to see my friends and family have a good life. And i-

Wake up

What? What are you-

Please Teyam I'm begging you

What's happening I-

I miss you so much

Why? Im right h-

*.•A/n•.*
still idk about the last couple chapters and stuff, mainly cause most of them were written on my phone and therefore probably have a lot of typos, but for now im gonna keep it ykyk. 

alr thanks for reading this, I really hope you have a good day/night!💙
---------------------------------

*.•hope ur ok - Olivia Rodrigo.*

<< || >>