Chapter 9 : Fake Friends

I get up early so I can go swim with Lo'ak. Me and him have gotten really close since him and his family came here, even though my brother would never let me go out with him.

Quietly, I tiptoe out of the pod, careful not to wake anybody. Once I am outside, I start walking towards our meeting point. Halfway there, I see Tíhona she is one of my best friends.

"Kí Tíhona! Ngaru lu fpom srak?(hey Tíhona! How are you?)" I walk up to her and greet her with a smile, though she does not return it. "What's wrong?" I try to meet her eyes but she is looking at the ground.

"Tíhona, you can tell me! We're friends!" I try to comfort her but she just looks up and stares daggers at me. "You wish" she starts walking away, but I run to catch up with her. "What do you mean?" I ask her but she just shakes her head.

"You think I would ever be friends with somebody like you?" I stand still, staring at her speechless. "I just wanted to get closer with your brother! Pfft, friends!" She starts walking away and I can feel tears forming in my eyes.

After a second I run as fast as I can towards me and Lo'ak's meeting place, before I can break down. "Good morning Ma'paskalin(sweet berry)" He greets me before seeing the tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" he speeds forwards and pulls me into a hug as I break down. He slowly lowers himself down to the ground and pulls me onto his lap. "Do you want to tell me about it?" he speaks in a low and comforting tone.

"N-no" in between sobs, I manage to get out one word. He understands and holds me tight against his chest. "She was f-fake" I manage to stutter out the words and take a shaky breath so I can continue.

"Tíhona, she only wanted t-to get closer w-with Ao'nung" I manage to stutter out the rest as well and I can feel him tighten his grip around me. "That Bitch, want me to punch her?" I laugh a bit at this and manage to stop crying.

"Want to go swimming?" he asks it in the same low and comforting voice, and I nod slowly. "Okay, prepare yourself" I look at him confused as he says this but he pays no mind to this.

"three, two one!" he grabs me by the legs and flings me over his shoulder. "Lo'ak! Put me down!!!!!" I scream at him as he runs to the water with me still hanging over his shoulder.

When we are in waist high in the water, he tosses me into the water. "Lo'ak you skxawng!" I playfully yell at him once I have calmed my laughing. "what? I just transported you to the water!" he speaks in the same low tone, but this time it is meant in a different way.

"We should get back to the beach, It's time for training" I had been so distracted that I hadn't noticed that the sun was already up. Before I know what hit me, Lo'ak has grabbed me by the waist and flung me over his shoulder again.

Im gonna ask him