Chapter 26 : stage three (bargaining)

*.•Lo'ak POV .*

"Dad leave me alone!" I yell back at him as I stay on my mat, not batting an eye to the intimidating man behind me. "No, you now have to be the responsible son now, that means waking up early!" He yells back at me and I turn around and look at him confused. "Surely Neteyam didn't wake up early every day?" I look at him, tears threatening to fall as I refer to my brother in the past tense. "He did, every day since he was three" my dads voice had also become more quiet, less of a command and more of a suggestion.

"Three? But I thought-" "well you thought wrong Lo'ak" I feel mad at my dad, I knew he had not let my brother have much of a childhood, but I didn't know that he already had responsibilities when he was still a fucking toddler! "Did you ever notice how Teyam called you sir?" I look at him with rage behind my eyes. " Yea I-" "he started by only doing it when he was training, but now he only called you dad because he was dying!" I yell at him, seeing his eyes lower and his fist clench. "Go, go now boy" he gestures to the exit and I smile, knowing I managed to get under his skin. "Yes sir" I emphasize the last bit, probably too mean but without my brother I no longer care.

*.•Ao'nung POV•.*

'If only I'd told him how I felt before hand'

'If only I'd ignored my stupid father'

'If only....'

"Ao'nung, are you alright son?" My mother sits down next to me, a soft smile on her face. "I'm alright" I look away from her, knowing she could tell that I was lying. "The funeral will be held this Friday" I look up at her, feeling a tear forming in my eye. "You gave up on him, didn't you?" I lean back against the wall of the marui, shutting my eyes as I wait for a response. "Didn't you" I repeat my phrase more emphasized as I open my eyes again to see her reaction. There are tears in her eyes as well.

"Why don't you get some sleep my son" she pushes me down onto the mat and runs her fingers through my hair. She sings to me until I fall asleep.

*.•Neteyam POV•.*

Why is it so dark here? Why can't I hear anything? Where is everyone? Who is whispering something? That sounds like crying? Why is everyone so sad? Did something happen? Why can't I move? Why does it feel like I'm not breathing? Is my chest moving up and down? I can't see it! I can't move my head!

open your eyes

I can't! I can't move! Who are you? Why can't I speak out loud? Are you listening to my thoughts? Where am I?

open your eyes

Be quiet please. I can't open my eyes I told you that! Please just tell me how to get out of this m-

open your eyes

*.•A/n•.*

Thank you to happydays123321 for the idea with Lo'ak's little scene bit (It didn't go exactly how we talked about it cuz I couldn't remember what we'd said). Idk about this chapter, it's kinda bad but whatever.

Thank youuu soooo much furrr readinggg diss, I hop you haz a good day/night! 💙
---------------------------------

*.•Loverboy - A-wall.*

<< || >>