Chapter 8 : Favourite boy

couple of things,

1. This chapter is really cringe, like super duper cringe

2. I had a lot of fun adding swearing to this chapter so if you don't like that, sorry

3. Thats actually everything I wanted to say

4. Thank you for reading and have a nice day/night! 💙

I am still searching for Neteyam, I don't know what happened between us. He just ran away suddenly. Was it something to do with that girl? I don't even remember her name...

I walk to his family's marui, still searching for answers to the many questions on my mind. "Is Neteyam here?" I walk in and see his three siblings sitting together and eating fish, Kiri and Lo'ak are conversing quietly about something. "No, he just left" Kiri seems upset, not sad or angry just like, worried? I don't know.

"What did you do to my brother?" Lo'ak jumps up and rushes towards me with an angry expression on his face. "What? I would never do anything to him!" I speak back a little louder than I wanted to. 

"Oh you're saying that its my imagination that he was here crying earlier" I stand quietly, shocked, after hearing that comment. "He was, crying?" I mutter the words, wondering who would want to do such a thing to such a beautiful boy. [HEHE CRINGE]

"Yea! so back off bitch! Leave him alone!" Lo'ak is about to walk back inside to sit down but I grab his arm to stop him. "I just want to talk to him. Please?" I look into his eyes to try and find common ground.

"We don't know where he went Ao'nung, he went towards the beach" Kiri speaks from insid ethe marui, with just as much annoyance as Lo'ak. I let go of Lo'ak's arm and start running towards the beach. Sure enough, I see him lying on the ground. 

Next to him I see somebody else, a girl, the girl from earlier today. I approach, but do my best not to be seen by the two.

"What do you want Tíhona?" That was her name! Neteyam's voice is raspy, I wonder why? "I just wanted to come here to remind you how much Ao'nung hates you!" I stand in the bush where I had hidden, unable to move at this remark. "W-what?" his voice sounds so unsure, he sounds so sad. I can feel my heart breaking at the sound.

"Oh yea, he told me himself" I want to run to Neteyam and tell him that it's not true, but my feet are glued to the ground. "No, he- he said tha-" I can hear in his voice how much he wants to believe the words he is speaking. "He said  that thinks you are an attention seeking baby!" the girl continues, and I feel my blood boil as I hear her. 

"Leave me alone" he speaks so quietly. "Sorry! just wanted to make sure you knew!" At this point, I finally muster the courage to run out of the bush and tackle the girl. "Ao! what the hell!" she pushes sand of her face. 

"Dont call me that bitch, and I heard what you said to him" her eyes seem unamused as I continue speaking to her. "I mean we were all thinking it, Sorry if I was the only one with the guts to say it to him!" lies, all lies. Don't listen to her Ma'teyam.

"Just fuck off! Get the fuck out of here!" I yell at her and push her away from me when she tries to grab my arm. She finally leaves and I turn around to look at Neteyam, who is curled up into a ball with his eyes shut tightly.

"Teyam, I'm so sorry about her, I don't know what just happened" I crouch down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Is it t-true?" he looks up at me with sorrowful and watery eyes. "Neteyam, there is not one bad thing I could ever say about you truthfully" I pull his head against my chest and hold him tight.

I can feel him shaking and it breaks my heart to be the reason. "I'm sorry" he apologizes in between his silent sobs. "What are you apologizing for?" I push him back a bit so I can look into his eyes.

"For being such an egotistical idiot that doesn't care about anyone but himself" I pull him into a hug again as I chuckle a bit at what he had said. "Ma'teyam, if anyone ever calls you egotistical, they are stupid" I whisper it into his ear and hear him let out a shaky breath. 

"What did you call me?" he draws his attention to the nickname I had just called him. "Huh?" I wonder what he meant. "Y-you called me Ma'teyam" he pulls out of the hug to look up at me, and my eyes widen as I realize what I had just said. I remember hearing Neytiri calling her mate with the particle of address and must have picked it up from there. But why?

"What about it?" I speak as if I have confidence, maybe embedding the truth a little just because I enjoy seeing him blush. "Oh no problem, Ma'nung" this time it is my turn to become a deeper shade of blue. The sun is already going down at this point, and I know both our families would worry. But there is one thing I want to do first.

Out of my pack, I pull two pieces of leavened bread (LEAVENED BREAD!!!) and hand one of them to Neteyam. He stares at me confused as to why I have this. "You know what to do with it Ma'teyam, don't you?" he rolls his eyes at this comment but looks down at the bread with a sick look on his face. 

"Please? can you do it for me?" I lift his chin up, knowing that he will definitely not eat the bread if I don't convince him. "I guess" he mumbles it to the point that I can barely hear it. He puts the bread into his mouth and chews it slowly. I smile and see him give me a weak one back. 

When he has finished chewing, he leans into my chest. "Should I bring you to your marui?" when he doesn't respond, I assume that he has fallen asleep. I pick him up (bridal style) and start carrying him over to the marui. 

I reach the door and knock with the hand that is supporting his upper back. "Hello there Ao'nung where is Netey-" JakeSully answers me and I immediately freak out about how this may look to him. "What happened?" he walks over to me to assess whether his son is alright. "He fell asleep" I try to remain calm as I speak with him. 

"Could you please bring him over to his mat?" he asks this and then walks back over to his mate, before I can nod (or react at all for that matter). I walk to the last empty mat and carefully place him down on the fabric. 

"Good night Ma'teyam" I whisper it so that nobody around me can hear what I say. I then get up and nonchalantly as I can, I walk outside and back to my family's marui. I walk inside and see my mother waiting for me. "Hello son, would you like some food?" she offers me a piece of fish but I gratefully decline. "no thank you mother, I already ate" she understands and lets me go to my mat. 

I grunt as I lower myself onto the uncomfortable surface. "Goodnight mama, Goodnight Reya, Goodnight father" I call out to all three just in case some of them are awake. I hear Reya and my mother say goodnight, I look over to my father's mat and see that it is in fact empty. He must be out hunting.

As I close my eyes one thought and one thought only rushes through my mind. I'll give you one guess what it is. This time, I just let my mind go over everything I can remember about him. 

Neteyam te suli tsyeyk'itan, you really are..

...My favourite boy