Chapter 17 : Youngest

*.•Ao'nung POV•.*

I do my best to keep my head above the water as I swim back towards the reef entrance. The heavy rain is fogging up my vision, making it a little harder to know whether I am going in the right direction. 

I can feel my body getting heavier as I continue wafting through the water, ignoring the stinging pain in my arm. Just a little longer. A big wave comes my way and pulls me down under the current before I can take in a breath. 

I can feel my lungs burning as I try to bring myself back up to the surface, and then...

It all went black. Black.

---------------------------------

*.•Tuk POV•.*

I open my eyes and see that it is still stormy outside. Neteyam is sitting in the doorway, looking outside. Everybody else is a sleep, which makes sense because I'm really tired as well. I stand up and wobble over to my big brother and collapse over his back.

"WAH- oh hey tanhì" he is about to scream but stops himself when he sees that it is me. I giggle as I remember his terrified face when he turned around.

 "Why aren't you sleeping tsawl tsmukan (big brother)?" I fiddle with his hair as he turns to face the water again. "Because I'm not tired Ma'tanhì" he tries to convince me but I shake my head with the most serious frown I can muster. 

"Are you worried about Ao'nung?" I let go of his hair and skip to his side to sit cross-legged beside him. "Yes..." he seems reluctant to say this and I look at him confused. "Is it because you're gay for him?" he looks at me confused for a second before laughing. 

"So, have you made any friends yet?" He changes the subject and I furrow my eyebrows in annoyance. "Not really yet" I look down and feel his eyes shift from the water to look at me. "Do you need me to beat anyone up?" when he says this I look up at him, extremely confused.

"Brother are you alright? you are starting to sound like Lo'ak" he laughs at my comment and I smile that my attempt to make him feel better, worked. "Can you please come sleep?" I stand up again and grab his arm, trying pull him with me over to my mat. 

"Fine, but only because you're making me" he sigs and stands up, following me to the mat. "Only because I'm making you" I repeat under my breath, trying to reach Neteyam's shoulders to make him sit down on the mat. 

"Unfairrrr! I can't reach!" he crouches down a bit when I say this, letting me push him down onto the mat. "Now sleep!" I stand upright, pointing a finger at him and demanding him to sleep. "Eh! Eh! Sleep!" he is about to say something but I stop him. 

He rolls his eyes at me and rests his head on the mat. I take the blanket and place it over him, trying to copy how him and mama do it. "Night night, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!" I smile as I start to walk away, I don't know where though.

"Oh no, there's no way you're getting out of this! Come back here you little monkey!" he grabs me around the waist and starts tickling me, making me giggle uncontrollably. "Fine! Fine! I give up!" I put my hands up and he stops tickling me, pulling me into a hug under the blanket.

"Good night... tsawl tsmukan (big brother)" I pause for a second to yawn, closing my eyes and slowly drifting off into sleep. I hope he does the same.

because he knows what I'll do if he tricked me....

---------------------------------

*.•A/n•.*

Idk why I put it as Tuk POV I just felt like it don't blame me if it's bad! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and that you have a nice day/night! 💙

---------------------------------

*.•Say Goodbye - Sarcastic Sounds.*
<<. || >>