Zay ?

Oh Zaidan...

"Yes" I say before hanging up then placing the phone back on my desk.

"Are you good ?" Eric asks.

I nod.

"You should've seen the look on your face when you went on the call"

"It's the security informing me that my boyfriend is here" I tell him.

I don't want Zaidan to come see him in here.
I'm sure Eric wouldn't want to see him either based on the way he reacted when he saw us together.

"Oh...okay I'll just go now I guess" he says getting up from the chair.

"We'll talk" I say smiling.

I'm glad I have my friend back.

He nods then pick up the food bags from the desk and dispose it in the office bin before leaving.

Seconds after the door opens and Zaidan walks through with a bag in his hand that looks like food.

Well I already ate...

He closes the door behind him shut and our eyes meet. His face looks pained.

"Why him a come from yuh office ?"

Is he serious right now ?

"Aaliyah answer mi question" his face deadpan as he slowly walks over to my desk.

"Zaidan there's no way I can stop talking to him , we had this conversation already" I finally say looking up at him.

"Aaliyah I don't fucking want you with him if it's about work keep it like that...I don't mind taking 40 minutes out of my day to bring you lunch everyday , I don't want you near him unless it's business wise. What is so hard to understand in that ?"

"Zaidan don't cuss at me !" I say louder than I intended.

We seriously can't do this here at my work place...

He sighs before speaking again.

"Aaliyah..." he says quitely.

"Since he bought you lunch you maybe won't eat this but here" he adds placing the bag on my desk.

"Thank y...." I start.

Before I can finish my words he walks towards the door and leave closing it behind him.

It's literally always something.

He doesn't even know how he makes me feel...

I love everything about him and it surprises me that he's thinking like that.

I feel my eyes getting watery but I squeeze them together to stop it from flowing.

My office phone starts ringing and I quickly gather myself to answer.

My break should up by now.

Zaidan's POV

12:10 pm

Maybe dem a fuck.

Wonder if shi know a trouble she a get him inna ?

Bout friends...

Friends yuh bloodclaat.

I scoff and drive out her work place complex , My phone rings and a unsaved comes up on the caller ID.

"Wah gwan" a horse voice says that I can't pick up.

I wait for the person to speak again.

"A yuh uncle , a mi earthstrong today...me a keep a likkle ting inna di club...di man dem wah di see yuh enuh my youth"

"Oh" I say.

"Suh yah mek a step ?" he ask.

I groan inwardly.

Nuh matter how mi try distance mi self.

"Mi will see bout it" I say before hanging up.

5 more minutes and I'm by the restaurant.

I close my car door and walk into the entrance then make my way up to the rooftop area.

"Hey boss" Katalia , my waitress greets me.

I just hired her and to be honest I feel like she's been doing her thing and not unprofessional like the others.

I nod and walk up to one of the tables to take a seat.

Minutes after I spot her walking up to me.

"Are you ordering today ?" She ask politely.

I only came for a drink but I'll order something.

"Let me have the barbacoa tacos" I tell her.

"Okay" she says Turing in her heel.

She returns back with the meal.

I finish up eating then make my way over to the bar.

I need something to drink to ease my mind.