Healing

Leah's POV

Monday

2:47 pm

It's been two weeks since me and Tyreek breakup and I've been trying to keep myself occupied to get stuff off my head.

I still have to get the rest of my stuff from the house but apparently I heard he's been out of town and I left the keys I had.

I tried calling his mom yesterday to know if he was back and she stated that he's not picking up her calls. For some reason I don't believe her tho , I feel like he told her to say all that she has been saying .

"Glad you made that decision babe cause the boy weak all now yuh nuh breed " Jada says looking down at her toes that's now being polished.

I never keep anything from Jada I tell her almost everything.

"Girl bye" I roll my eyes at her and shake my head.

"A lie me tell ?" she asks.

We burst into laughter.

"What color u want babe ? " The nail tec ask .

"Just full white" I tell her.

I don't really like the extra stuff.

"Okay" she says giving me a warm smile.

She has been really sweet to me and Jada since we came here. I never felt this welcome in a nail salon.

"Oh I'm having a business opening party I'll love for you guys to come" The nail tec says to me and Jada while applying polish to my toes.

"By the way I'm Gina" She adds.

"Yeah you guys should definitely come " The other nail tec says that's doing Jada's toes.

I don't normally accept invites from strangers but I'll maybe go...I guess cause she seems cool and I haven't been out in a minute so why not.

"Sure" Jada says.

Of course jada is gonna say yes this girl hates inside.

she hands us both some small party posters.

It's been a while since I got one of these.

"My business Instagram is on there if you guys want to follow me "she says smiling.

"Okay babe "I say returning her back a smile.

"It's tomorrow at 8 by the way " she tells us.

"That's okay "I say. I'm not doing much and it's holiday so maybe I'll go.

"I'll hit you on Instagram" I say looking down at my toes.

I like the pink.

"Okay hun "she says.

I look over at Jada that's now smiling at her phone at whatever it is.

I decide to check my phone I had on do not disturb for the past weeks because I really didn't feel like speaking to anyone.

It's missed calls from my mom.

I call her back quickly.

She picks up on the first ring.

"Leah " I hear her voice through the speaker.

"Weh yuh deh?...mi wah yuh stop a di supermarket fi mi "

"What do you want from there ?" I ask her.

"Mi sen yuh di list "she tells me.

List ?