Concern

Leah's POV

Wednesday

11:15 am

I had rush to work today but luckily I got my hair done yesterday so I only had to shower and get dress and head out.

Zaidan left early this morning...I felt when he kissed me in my sleep but he haven't sent me any message about where he went.

It's now break and I honestly don't feel like going out to buy nothing.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when there's a knock on my office door.

"Come in"

The door cracks open and Eric enters with a bag in his hand then closes the door behind him.

I wasn't expecting him....

"Oh , hey Eric" I chuckle nervously.

"How are you ?" he asks walking over to my desk before taking a seat.

"I'm good" I tell him.

He looks at me for a second before taking two food boxes from the bag.

"I bought you lunch today"

"Thanks..." I say with a smile and he doesn't return back one.

This is not the Eric I know.....

I open the box and the smell of sweet and sour chicken hits my nose.

My stomach growls.

We sit and eat in awkward silence.

"Eric...I wasn't expecting him to pop up on me like that. I know it you felt uncomfortable and I'm genuinely sorry about that" I finally speak.

He chuckles and I look at him confused.

"It's okay , I'm just a little worried about you" he shrugs nonchalantly.

Worried about me ?

"If a man puts his hands on you don't fall for it when he says he's never doing it again"

"You think he's putting his hands on me ?" I ask shocked.

Why would he think that ?

"You came to work last week or a maybe last two weeks ago...I can't recall , there we're bruises on your neck. Aaliyah I'm not telling you to leave your man but I'm just trying to be there for you" he says sounding concern.

Bruises ?

Maybe he's talking about the marks Zaidan leaves on me whenever we have sex...

I don't know why I feel embarrassed. How am I going to even tell him how they got there ?

"Couple months ago you came to work and you wasn't acting like the Leah I know" he adds.

That was before Zaidan and I was definitely down because of Tyreek.

He's thinking wrong.

"Trust me he's not abusing me Eric...my flat iron burned me on my neck the other day"

I honestly don't want to tell him why they're really there and I definitely don't want to have that conversation with him.

He exhales.

"Your ring , you took it off ?" he asks looking down at my fingers.

"I actually..." I begin. We're distracted when my phone rings.

It's the security.

I answer and put the phone up to my ear.

"Are you expecting a young man by the name Zay ?" he asks before I could speak.