Kyle/Johnnie |15

Recap: Kyle saves Braden's life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't believe that happened, what if I wasn't able to stop him? Would I be able to stop him again? I don't want Braden to go down the same route that I did.

"You can't save no one." It couldn't hurt to try.

"You used to be the same way."  I know, but I have learned from my mistakes. Is it really worth it to cut open your skin?

"You yourself is still suffering." I know, but I have someone that cares about me he keeps me from doing it.

"That's so cute you actually believe he cares about you. Let me explain pity to you because that's all Johnnie is going. He doesn't want your blood on his hand. He got too close and now he can't find a way to get out. You're not strong enough to handle his betrayal."

Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. I'll believe it when I see it for myself.

"And when you see it?" Like you said I'm not strong enough to handle the betrayal.

"Kyle Vic wants to see you." I nodded and made my way to his office.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Kyle take a seat." I walked over and took the seat closest to the door.

"I want to ask you about the other night." I nodded wanting him to continue.

"Tell me, how did you know again?"

"I told you something didn't feel right like déjà UV." He nodded.

"And when I opened the door Braden was about to cut into his skin and I had to stop him."

"Why did you stop him? Why didn't you let him do it?"

"Because I didn't want him to go down the same route as me." Vic smiled.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"How would you feel about being a volunteer here?"

How could I be a volunteer if I'm a patient here?

"But I'm a patient."

"Not anymore." I turned to see Johnnie walking in.

"Did you know this?" He smiled and nodded.

"I-I'm free?"

"We're free," Johnnie said, grabbing my hand.

I don't know rather be happy or upset.

"I packed your bags called your mom and she agreed that you and Johnnie should both volunteer." I couldn't believe this was happening.

"So volunteer?"

"Yes," Johnnie said.

I smiled and squeezed his hand using my free hand to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"You guys will start next week." I smiled and nodded.

"Goodbye Kyle." Vic walked around the desk and hugs me.

"Goodbye, Vic." I still didn't let go of Johnnie's hand.

"Goodbye Vic," Johnnie said, pulling him into a hug.

We walked out into the office and my movements stop and tears swell in my eyes.

"Mom!" I yelled and charged at her, wrapping her in my arms.

She looks so much happier. She wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly against her. We cried onto each other shoulder neither one of us wanting to let go of each other.

"I-I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry for the way that I treated you. Your father didn't leave because of you he left because of me. I shouldn't put the blame on you." I pulled back and looked at Johnnie who just stood there awkwardly.

My mom looked at him and smiled, opening her arm. I smiled and grabbed Johnnie pulling him into a group hug.

"You're welcome to stay with us as long as you need." He wrapped his arms around us.

"T-thanks."
~~~~~~Johnnie's~~~~~~~~
It finally felt like I have a mother that actually care about me and not about buy or sell drugs or abuse me constantly.

I was walking toward the car when she stopped me and told Kyle to continue to the car.

"Thank you." She said pulling me into a hug.

"Please don't break his heart he has been through a lot."

"I won't hurt you son. Why would I hurt someone I love? I'll do everything to protect your son?"

"Thank you." She smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"You're welcome."
~~~~~At The House~~~~~
"I'm so glad you're finally home." She cried onto Kyle's shoulder.

"I'm glad too." She looked at me and pulled me in for another group hug.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too." I smiled.

She pulled back and wipe the tears off her face.

"Kyle, you and Johnnie are going to have to share a room."

"That's fine, mom." I looked over at Kyle and smirked to myself.
~~~~LaterThatNight~~~~~
"Kyle!" I groaned.

I couldn't sleep, it wasn't like the hospital.

"What?" He asked, turning over to face me.

"I can't sleep," I whined.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body close to his.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling our faces closer together. I lean in and kissed him, he smiled into the kiss and placed his hands on my lower back.

"I love you." I laughed, running my hand through his hair.

"I love you too." He rubbed our nose together.

"Get some sleep, we're going to be busy tomorrow." I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Good night." He pecks my lips.

I laid my head on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat as I started to drift off to sleep.