Kyle/Johnnie #10

"You know, you could have told me?" I said running my fingers through his hair.

"I know, I should of but I was worried about how you would respond." He kissed my cheek, maybe I should ask him about Damon.

"Who is Damon?" I felt him tense up.

"He was here before you."

"That's not telling me who he is."
"He was my best friend, we were as close as you and me, but his mind was closer.

I wake up one night to see him about to hang himself. I-I tried to stop him, but it was too late." I pulled him toward me.

"I told myself, I'll never get too close again and then you came..." He paused and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I don't want to lose you, Kyle." It felt like my heart just broke. I haven't thought about how Johnnie would feel.

I'll never leave you." I whispered in his ear. I grabbed the cover and covered us up.

"Damon said the same thing, but he did." At that point, Johnnie broke down crying onto my chest. I shouldn't have brought him up.

"Hey, look at me...." He looked up at me, tears still spilling from his eyes.

"I'll never leave you. I want to be with you, I wanted to get out of this hospital together." He nodded and I kissed away his tears.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"C-can I see your arms."
~~~~~~~~Johnnie's~~~~~~~~~
"Why?" Kyle asked.

"I just want to check-"

"To see if I have any new ones?" He asked and I nodded.

I grabbed his arm and gently rolled up his sleeve.

I ran my finger across the newly made cuts.

"Make me a promise." He looked at me.

"Anything for you." He whispered.

"Don't do this ever again."

"I promise everything I have that I won't do it again. I'll come to you if I ever feel the need." He smiled and kissed me.

"Johnnie?"

"Yeah, Kyle?"

"When we get out of here, you're not going to your mom." I laughed and nodded.

"Where am I supposed to go then?" I asked.

"You can come and stay with me." He smiled.

"You serious?" I asked.

"Yes." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"I love you."