Johnnie/Kyle #9

I waited patiently outside the bathroom door waiting for Kyle to come out. I know what you're thinking, why am I doing this?

Well, it's been a week since I made the deal with Vic. I have been telling him everything, the nightmare that Kyle has been having.

"Johnnie?" I looked up to see Kyle staring at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just standing here." He looked at me like he was studying me.

"Was you waiting for me?" He asked.

I looked down at the ground, he sighs and walked away toward the cafeteria.

"Are you coming, or not?" He yelled over his shoulder.

I ran to catch up with him, neither one of us talking. It was just complete silent.

We walked over to the table we usually sit at.

"So, why were you standing outside the door waiting for me?" He asked.

I looked around the room, trying my hardest to avoid answering that question.

"Johnnie?" I turned to look at Kyle.

"Just worried that's all." He nodded.

"There have to be something more." I shook my head, but I know he doesn't believe me.

"Johnnie, Mr. Fuentes would like to talk to you." I nodded.

I got up and walked out the room, down toward his office.

I knocked on the door, waiting patiently for a reply.

"Come in."

I opened the door and walked in, sitting in the first seat I see.

"So, how's everything going?" He asked I shrugged my shoulder.

"I'm just worried about him, he stays in the bathroom for what feels like forever. Earlier, I was just standing outside and he was talking to himself, I could understand what he was saying." Vic nodded, telling me to continue.

"He always wears his jacket, he will never take it off. He keeps making up the same excuse, that he's cold..."

A/N: I know they wear the different outfit in a mental hospital, but in my story, they can wear their normal clothes.

"What about his nightmares? Are they getting worse?" I nodded.

"He wakes up screaming, crying, and clawing at his skin until he draws blood. I try to calm him down, but he jumps up and runs to the bathroom before I could do anything." I felt the tears roll down my cheek.

"I don't think he's gonna get better." I brought my hands up to my face.

"He will get better, it's just going to take some time," Vic said.

I shook my head, remember when he said that all before.

"You said the same thing about Damon, but what happened?" Vic looked down.

"He hung himself." He whispered.

You may wonder who Damon is right? He was one of my best friend here, we were as close as, Kyle and I are today, but one night Damon snapped. I tried everything I could to stop him, but it was too late.

I fall to my knees screaming, as he hung from the rope. I told myself that I would never heft close to anyone else, but then Kyle came along.

"Johnnie?" Vic snapped his finger in front of me.

"Sorry, I-I was just thinking."

"I know you were close with Damon and I'm sorry about what happened, I wished I could have stopped him." There was nothing Vic could do.

"It's not your fault." He shook his head.

"Go back to Kyle, make sure he's okay. I don't want to lose him." Vic said.

I nodded, I walked over to the door and opened it to find Kyle standing there.
~~~~~~~~Kyle's~~~~~~~
I sat the table waited for Johnnie to leave, why is he always talking to Vic?

"So, how are you, Kyle." Mr. Quinn asked.

I turned and looked at him, I shrugged and turned away.

"I-I have to use the bathroom." I got up quickly.

"Kyle, wait." I ignore his calls and continue walking. I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I watched as he enters his office, waiting a few minutes before walking over. I placed my ear to the door, they were talking about me, about my nightmare, about be bathroom earlier.

"I don't think he's gonna get better." Johnnie cried.

I listen and they started talking about a guy name Damon.

That's who Vic was probably comparing me too when I first got here. That boy Damon, he hung himself. Having them talk about me and some random dude was starting to upset me, not only that but piss me off too.

I stretched at my wrist, I couldn't believe Johnnie would do this to me.

"Kyle?" I looked up to see Johnnie, my eyes widen, I was distracted by my thoughts that I didn't even know that the door opened.

He grabbed my hand removing it from my arm. I wanted to yell at him, but I couldn't. I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug.

"I-I'm sorry." I cried onto his shoulder.

Just because I'm hugging him, doesn't mean I'm not mad. I'm still pretty upset with him, but I know he's just doing this to help me.

Goodbyes are never endless
Endless goodbyes.