Chapter 3 - Don't Drop Me

Start from the beginning

“Hold the book, Kai, Imma kick some donkey butt…” I stated as I threw the book over my shoulder. Kai dove towards it with a look of panic. “Mika!”

 “Come on, put ‘em up!” I said, lifting both of my hands.

“Ha! I could beat you with my pinky, Mika! Save your breath why don’t you…” I glared and lounged at him.

Dragging, him to the ground I bit his hand.

“Ow! My hand!”

“EW! When was the last time you washed your hands!” I shouted at the weird bitter-ish taste of his hand. Not that I was expecting it to taste like strawberries or something. And besides I hate strawberries, they’re so disgusting.

 “The last time you shaved your legs!” I gave Kendal a bland look. “Ya know, there’s this new thing called soap and water, you should try it. It might help you with the ladies. Seeing as you do need help in that department.” I said through my uncontrollable smile. Ken is well…what you’d call the popular boy in his school. He has a lot of girls drooling after him, one of them being my best friend, Ren. I don’t blame them. Ken is a handsome guy, sure… But still the obnoxious jerk, known as my cousin.

Ken threw me a glare. “Ha! You’re funny…” he said sarcastically and swiftly grabbed my head under his arms into a headlock and began to excessively rub my head. “Ah! Let go! You’re messing up my hair! And you smell! Really bad!” I shoved him off of me before jumping on his stomach with my elbows.

“Oof!”

“Mika! Careful – don’t hurt him! Or overwork yourself!” I ignored Ren and looked down at Kendal.

“You should really think about that soap and water chizz you need it!” I sneered. “Well you can take that soap and shove it up your—”

“GUYS!”

Silence filled the air as we all looked over at Kai.

His blue eyes looked at us in disapproval.

I nudged Ken and shook my head. “Look what you did…”

“Hey guys come take a look at this.” Kai interrupted.

I rolled my eyes “What is it?” I asked as I went over to him. “The pages…they’re blank! All of them!” he said in disbelief. I looked at him. “Are you sure?” I asked. He gave me the book.

 “Look for yourself.” He sighed.

 I opened the book and started flipping through it. “Blank. Blank. Blank… What the…? And to think it’d be so helpful…” Kai looked up at me.

“Are you sure that’s the book?” he asked.

I closed the book and looked at the cover, I nodded. “Yes, this is the book!” I said. “Come on let’s try to find a way out, we cant stay here…”

“How’d you get this book anyway…?” he asked.

I looked over my shoulder and sighed. “It’s a long story… I’ll tell you later…”

Ken sighed and got up followed by Ren. “But where are we gunna go…?” I protested. She shrugged her shoulders. “I dunno…lets keep walking and find out.” I sighed and tracked after her as she began walking.

*

“Ah! Can we stop and ask for directions?” I asked.

“We’re in the woods WHERE are you gunna ‘stop and ask for directions’ besides we know where we’re going.” Ken snapped bitterly. I glared at him.

“We’re lost…face it!” I shouted. “No we’re not lost!” Kai replied.

“We’re. Lost.”

He gave me a glare and so did ken. “Can you quit nagging?” Ken retorted.

“WE. ARE. LOST.” I shouted.

“Sh! Mika you might attract wild animals or something!” Ren told fearfully. I rolled my eyes. I stopped walking and flopped myself to the grass.

“Mika, get up!” Ken shouted. I shook my head. “No. Not unless someone carries me.” Ken gave me a strange look. “I’ve been walking for a LONG time! You guys may handle this but I cant.”

“Well I’m not the one that’s gunna give you a piggy back ride, that’s for sure!” he scoffed.

“C’mon, Mika, it hasn’t been that long… Stop being lazy!” Ren shouted

“I’m not being lazy, I’m just tired ok? You guys know I’m not like you lot…” Ren frowned slightly and sat down next to me.

“Fine, we’ll take a break…” She said with a short smile. 

Kai looked at me and sighed. “Yeah, as long as you need to…” He said as he sat next to me. Ken narrowed his eyes and shook his head. “You guys are irritable, you too Ela, you too…” I shot him a glare as he went to the opposite tree and sat down.

“For ten minutes, break…and then that’s it, got it…?”

I leaned against the tree and sighed. I didn’t get it, I made two wishes, the first one probably came true, but the second one hasn’t? How unfair…

“Alright, let’s get moving…” I sighed and got up from my recumbent position. “Are you sure?” Kai asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s fine, I’m not that tired… Remember I’ve been through worse…”

“Here, I have an idea…” I looked at Kai with a quirked brow. “Why don’t I carry you, that way you won’t tire out so quickly…”

I mulled over that thought for a moment. Kai was strong, I wasn’t too heavy… why not? “Ok… if you say so. But if you drop me, you’ll regret it…”