Chapter 10

By Monday morning I still felt utterly exhausted, homecoming is such a social heavy concept. I hate talking to that many people, let alone being near that many people for so many hours.

Yet some part of me wished I was still there all over again. I missed the feeling of Ms. Willows eyes on me as me and Melody danced.

Yet soon I would feel a part of that feeling again when I walked through her doors. She was already busy at work typing away on her computer.

" Good morning" she smiled, pulling her glasses off her face. " good morning" I echoed, moving to my usual spot.

" I saw that you followed our music " she spoke crossing her arms, she stared at me with an emotion I couldn't read. " well I told you I'd support you. I thought about going through and liking all of your songs.. But I didn't know if that would be weird" I rambled, but she only smiled.

" actually I would love that" she responded, crossing one of her legs over the other " we could use all of the help we can get. " her gaze still burned through me, until I could hear the sound of students growing closer.

" did anything else interesting happen this weekend? " she questioned, and I looked at her thinking for a moment until eventually shaking my head " no, you? " and she smiled " no, nothing really, me and Sean went to one of the book stores in town" and I nodded " lovely. " she agreed.

I allowed my eyes to look up towards the two paintings of cats. " I really do adore those. " she smiled, rolling her chair backwards until she was beside me. " aren't they technically Sean's? " I questioned, and she nodded.

" yeah, I don't know what I'd do if we ever broke up, they've known me since they were kittens, but Sean adopted them. " she smiled, then shook her head " not that we ever would break up, at least I hope not. " she laughed, turning her head to catch my eyes.

I nodded " yeah, that would suck. " I muttered. She rolled back to her desk, not long after a few students walked in. One of them being the same girl from homecoming the other night. I could feel my body grow warm as I over thought everything.

" Kylie? " a soft voice spoke. " hmm?.. Sorry." I questioned, looking up to find the owner of the voice.

" you okay? " she questioned, a smile reaching her eyes. " of course. " I nodded.

She seemed not completely happy with my response, as though she wanted to hear more, but decided against herself.

" Sean liked the paintings too, I showed him a picture, he tried to get me to bring them home" she smiled, shaking her head recalling the memory. " but I like them better here" she smiled. I nodded, I liked hearing her talk. Even if it were about Sean.

I would let her talk for hours and not even attempt to get a word in.

I allowed her focus to change, and instead take in the new comers in the room. " how was your weekend? " she asked a different girl, and I didn't particularly care enough to listen.

I instead decided to make my exit today, I had nothing else really to add to the subject. So I started to walk through her classroom door, with my lanyard in my hand to make a quiet unnoticed exit.

" Kylie? " a voice called, and I peered back into the room " hmm? " I questioned. "leaving already? " she smiled her head slightly cocked to the side, laced in concern.

" Yeah, I figure I should go ahead and get a head start on a project" I lied. A small one, but still I didn't feel good doing it.

" oh alright, well I'll see you later" she waved, and I did back " you too" I smiled.