Chapter 9

It's the Saturday of homecoming now, it's almost 1 pm and I'm anxiously trying not to overthink the whole idea of the dance. I'm going with my best friend Melody, both of us being single and all.

I as mentioned earlier am wearing the same dress as I did last year, because I'm a gay on a budget. So instead I would just have to doll this up a bit more, with my now matured features.

Me and my step mom worked from early In the morning to curl my hair. My hair likes to fight anything from sticking, you can spray it, gel it, curl it, and it'll still eventually fall. Yet still we tried, and eventually, inevitably gave up.

By 3 pm I was finishing my makeup, and then by 5 pm I was in my dress. It all happened so quick, but felt so long. Eventually I was in the car on the way to the high school. Melody had told me she would be there about 5 minutes after me.

When I got there, I thanked my dad for the ride, and made my way in front of the school. I decided I would wait for my best friend at the doors. When she eventually arrived it didn't seem to matter anyways because she had still yet to buy her ticket.

When I finally made it through the commons doors, my eyes searched the room. And like a magnent they hesitated to move towards her, she was in the line beside me, and in an impulse decision, I left my current line and moved to the next one. Knowing it would force her to see me.

So that she could see the effort I put into myself. My smile grew bigger as the anticipation builded. Eventually there was only a boy infront of me, still she had yet to notice me. That is until the boy infront of me left the line.

When I came into view, there she was. Her makeup was flawless, a little more bold than usual, and when her eyes found mine I felt as though a gravitational force was pulling me towards her.

I walked my way towards her, my fingers tugging at the ends of my dress almost as if I needed to straighten all the wrinkles and look presentable. A charming smile displayed on her lips until she quickly cleared her throat. " hmm.. Do you go here? " she quirked a smirk " I'm not so sure you do" she played. I rolled my eyes " you look great" I smiled, my eyes skimming over her green dress, that perfectly went with her brunette hair. I've always loved a brunette in green.

She smiled " you look stunning. " she replied  and I nodded with a small " thank you" she laughed " no, thankyou" she then moved her hand to the side, and as I was about to walk away she called my name.

" Kylie! " she shouted and I quickly caught her gaze again " just so you know they spelt your name wrong" and I giggled " of course they did. " I then waved a bye and told her to have a goodnight.

Eventually I found Melody, she was at the drink counter trying to get a sprite. " what's with the smile? " she questioned and I rolled my eyes " it's our last year, I'm just trying to enjoy it. " she only smiled in response, before we laced our arms together and moved about the room, hoping to run into more of our friends, and eventually we did.

Most of our friend group were surrounded by a single table, surpisingly almost right beside the drink stand we were just at.

" are y'all enjoying yourselves? " I questioned the couples who were all so close to each other. It almost made me a little jealous, though perhaps envious would be the better word.

" I talked to Ms. Willow' I turned and spoke to Melody. " you did? " she questioned, and I nodded. " where is she then? " and I pointed towards the doors where the rest of the faculty was collecting tickets.

" you have to take me over there to say hi! ' she smiled starting to pull me in the direction of the brunette. I felt my heartbeat quicken as she rushed to pull me towards the common doors.

Longing for Something Sweet (txs) (gxg) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara