Chapter 12

It's been a few weeks since me and Ms. Willows encounter in the library. And like usual, I kept up with my schedule, never skipping class, I was far too much of a teachers pet for that. Even for the bad teachers, I'm afraid.

Though unlike usual, Ms. Willow was late. Well, let me re-say that. Rather, she was almost always 'late', but today she was late as in I didn't even get to say hi before school. It kinda ruined my day.

Yet as the day went on, I finally reached her class in the afternoon, and once again, there was no sign of her. She wasn't here today? Ms. Willow hardly ever missed a day of school. In fact, she's built up enough days to go on break to where she could leave for a month with pay. Yet still, she comes to work every day. That is unless she's getting a tattoo. Those are the days in which she's " sick" when in reality getting a sick tattoo.

Have I brought that up? Ms. Willow has a couple of tattoos, one for her fur babies, one that's of a rainbow patch that I drew for her ages ago.

Because yes, she actually got a tattoo inspired by me. It was from a drawing I gave her sophomore year. It's sometimes hard to believe that I'm delusional.

Anyways, and she has a back tattoo. And I can't help but find her to be a bit more attractive with it. She's definitely adorable and a nerd at heart, but that didn't stop her from being hot in my eyes.

But all of this is besides the point. Now, realizing that she's not here, I turn on my heels and walk back up to the car line to wait with Bee for their ride.

When they do arrive, I feel a sigh leave my lips. I actually felt sad having gone a day without her. Kind of pathetic innit' it?

When I got home, I wallowed in a pit of my own pity until I got a text from one of my friends asking if I wanted to hang out. And this friend was none other than the life of the party Matthew. They were currently at the park hanging out with one of my other friends, Jasper.

I figured I could convince my step mom to drive me, so I texted them that I'd be there in 30. The park being 15 minutes away.

When I finally got there, I could find Matthew on the sidewalk skating. He and Jasper had obviously been smoking by the shit eating grin on their faces.

I had already smoked before. Once before my junior year. And if you ask me, I'd had the best first high possible. I spent it in between two hot girls giggling my ass off. It was a blonde sandwich. Even now, I don't know that I could ever top it.

As I sat down on the bench next to Jasper, he handed me a vape. " nic or thc?" I questioned like every other teenager of this generation, and it was kind of sad to think about. " thc duh, I know that you don't fuck with nic." And I nodded appreciating that my friend knew me well enough. So after that I hit that mother fucker. A couple of times, too, with permission, of course. I wasn't stingy.

We were all floating. As the sky changed from blue to all of the different shades of pink, I could feel a sense of lightness, lifting me off my feet. Hours passed, and eventually, our highs were pretty much gone.

I instead found myself walking through the small town that held history. Matthew and Jasper had already left. I could tell that I was still slightly high by the way my thoughts wandered to places.

I found them wandering to where I least liked them to go. To my memories. I don't have that many, if I'm being honest. I don't really remember my childhood. I remember fragments, like my grandfathers pop belly, and my grandma's mashed potatoes. I remember things like that one dog we used to have. Or the kittens my mom drove off.

And then there's the memories that aren't so easily accessed instead you've got to be reminded that they exist, that they're real. I could feel my thoughts going down a path I didn't want to visit, so I instead listened to the world around me.