Chapter Five

Life was difficult for Hannah as she have to adapt. Daniel taught her as much as he could while working.

Turns out she didn't know that he was the CEO of the company. He works 6 days a week and the one day he would spend time with her.

She adjusted. Just for him.

They got married, legally and now living in a new place. She found the new home much homely than the penthouse.

As she was staying, she kept herself occupied. She opened up a cafe with a young man by the name of Metawin.

He came to the US from Thailand after getting married with his husband Bright, who surprisingly is one of Daniel's business partner.

AN: cough cough

Often she would see his family visiting and that made her sadder and more homesick.

Sometimes Win would invite her to spend time with her family at the resort but she declined as she wouldn't want to barge into a family gathering.

As she continue working, Daniel was too working hard. He spend less time at work and they to minimize the workload to spend time with her.

Often he try to pursue her to go back but she is as stubborn as a mule and didn't want to and changed the subject in an instant.

Then one day she received a distress call from someone in her family.

"Hannah, come back. Something happened to mom and dad " He urged her but she didn't budge until she accidentally dropped a glass of water onto the kitchen floor.

You know what they say about that meaning that something has happened to the one you love.

She felt it and told Daniel "Honey, something's wrong" she said "need to go back. Will be back soon"

"Sure. Be careful okay?" He advised her as she packed up a week supply of items for her trip.

They kissed goodbye and she wore the ring and came into the portal and it disappeared in an instant.

Somehow she managed to transported to her home, in her room.

She looked heard like a bump and saw a weird being.

Her eyes widen "What is that?" And she zoomed to see how weird the eyes and head looks like.

She then turned her present mobile phone and did a research with the images and found out the name of the beings

Alter World Pirates.

Her mom and dad saw her and pushed to the closet of one of the bedroom just to witness something horrific.

Hannah POV

I was hiding in the wooden closet when I heard a commotion and the door of the room opened and I saw my mother and father being push to the ground. Both looking terrified as the dark figure sinisterly smiled and said "Tell me where is your daughter and I will spare your lives"

I couldn't see as it was in the middle of the night. I was told by my family to hide thus I did in this wooden closet. I peeked and saw my mother and father being threatened with a sharp object.

I couldn't identify what it was and then I saw my father being pushed to the ground and stabbed with the sharp object.

My mother started crying and begging but the being were persistent

"Tell me where is your daughter or else I will eliminate you as well"

My dear mother was now terrified cried and begged soon the being grew impatient and stabbed my mom as well.

The being looked around the room seeing as if they could locate where I was.

I held my breath as much as I can and then I heard the door closed knowing the being left.

I heard more screams and yells and then there were silence. It was too quiet and as I left the safe place I looked around and saw my parents dead bodies on top of each other.

I started to cry silently and whispered "I will let the being pay for this. Mark my words mom dad"

I walked out and saw my siblings bodies all around my dead. And as I counted I saw a leg from underneath the kitchen cabinet and saw my youngest sister, Isabella.

She was barely breathing and as carried her I recounted the moment I carried her when she was a newborn.

"I will have my revenge Bella. I will make sure those beings will not do anymore harm than what they did to our family. I promise"

I brought my sister to a close friend of mine, Alexandra who lived about half an hour from my house and realizes her door was opened and her parents are dead as well.

I looked around and went to her room and found Alex, hiding in her closet looking scared. I hugged her and she was now crying. She told me what happened when the being came to her house and instantly killed her parents.

"What are those things anyway Hannah?" She ask and I shrugged "I don't know but I have a feeling they wanted me. I have no one but you and Bella"

Her eyes widen and started to tearing up again "Where is she?" She ask and I told her "In the car. But I hid her" I then pulled her to the front door.

"Let's go. I will send you to a shelter my dad had made for us" and she nodded and thus her best friend went to the car and soon they started the journey.

Alex was now worried as she looked at Bella. "What's your plan?" She asks with a worried tone.

"I will have to find them. And confront them and try to find their weakness" I answered "For now I go with the flow. But I have an idea where they are headed next"

She cocked her eyebrows and ask "Where?"

I looked at my best friend and answered "To Daniel" her eyes immediately widened

I then drove to the shelter where my dad build for the family in case emergency such as this. I didn't know that all my life this gift that I thought would be a blessing would be a curse at the same time.

"I am never letting them kill anymore of the people I love. I will put an end to this. Once and for all" I grunted as I went in the secret door, not knowing a pair of beings were watching me from afar.

As the shelter were 300 meters deep in the mountain, it took a long time to reach the hanger where I was greeted by my dad's friend and scientist, Dr. Emile Floyd.

"Ah Hannah what brings you here? Where's your father?" He ask and I looked at him and answered "Dead. They were killed by being called The Alter World Pirates. They killed my whole family and friends parents except me and Bella as well as my best friend Alex" I explained and his eyes widens in shock.

"The beings are real?" He ask now in total shock and I just nodded in reply "They are headed to another worlds thus I want you to keep an eye on my sister and best friend"

And he looked at me like I grew another head "Where are you going?"

I went in the car door and replied "To stop them from killing more people I love, especially my true love" and I went in and drove away. I used the ring my dad gave to me on my 18th birthday and a huge portal opened up and at the exit of the shelter I disappeared into the portal and went to another dimension and starts my journey.

End of Hannah POV

What will happen next? Stay tuned to Different Worlds Apart.

AN: Hi. So I just realized the flaw of my own story and it is at the peak and I don't know how to redo it. So take it as a minor mistake. I'm too tired to redo this this story. Fasting is making me annoyed at everything. Yeah forgot to mention I am in the middle of the fasting month, Ramadan. Well anywho hope my readers like this story so far. Do let me know what you think. Well until next time.