~ Chapter Eighteen ~

swearing
some fluff

Authors pov

Y/n and Jay walk around a little longer. They take a trip down the reptile section, and they admire the pretty creatures.

"Isn't that snake pretty cute?" y/n ask jay.

"Yeah, it is. It's so tiny." Jay answers, with a smile looking at the tiny snake hanging on out on the top of its tree.

They continue to the seahorse section. When y/n suddenly bumped into someone pretty harshly, causing her to almost fall.

"woah," y/n let out in surprised of the contact she was too distracted with Her and Jay's conversation that she didn't see where she was going.

Jay was fast enough to catch y/n before she hit the floor.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked, concerned.

"Hey, watch it!" The taller male spat at y/n.

"Why dont you watch it? Clearly, you weren't looking where you were going," Jay spat back, sending eye daggers to the larger male.

"Hey twig, we can take this outside," the male said, getting closer to Jay.

"Hey, both of you calm down," y/n suddenly spoke.

"But -" Jay tried to protest.

"It's okay jay, it was also my fault j wasnt looking where i was going," y/n tried to reason with Jay.

"Sorry about that, sir, i wasn't looking where i was going." y/n continued apologizing to the larger male.

"It's okay, sweetie, I'm Daniel, by the way," the taller male said in a creepy tone and a creepy smirk.

"Yeah -" Y/n said, grabbing onto Jay's hand as they left the taller male behind he qas slightly taller than jay but bigger in body mass.

Daniel was staring at y/n in a creepy way that would make your skin crawl, while he gave Jay's figure a dirty look.

They make it out of the exhibit.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked y/n with worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, im okay. Thank you for trying to stick up for me, but i was also at fault." y/n said with a small smile.

"Sorry about that. i just didn't like the way he spoke to you," Jay says with a bit of an agitation in his tone.

Y/n gives Jay a soft look, "Thanks, Jay." y/n says softly.

They both are still holding hands, jay looks down, feeling a small warm hand in his and smiles. He's wearing his mask, so you his slight pink cheeks can't be seen. but boy was his heart rate sky rocketed.

Jay's pov

"You're welcome," I reply to y/n as i look down, realising her hand is still in mine her hands are a bit smaller than mine but a bit rough. Im guessing it is from all her training and hard work.

She slowly pulls her hand away. "Sorry about that. i didn't realise i was still holding your hand," She says, looking up at me with apologetic eyes.

I frown at the lack of her touch.

Why can't it last a little longer...

"It's okay," I say with a small smile.

I want to hold her hand once more...

"Let's go to another exhibit," She says with an excited look in her eyes.

she's just so precious...

"Sure, let's go," I say as i follow her lead.