Words like knifes and words like roses part 3

Start from the beginning

"And remember, while we have company, not one word about-" he starts.

"About what you make me do everyday. I know the drill." You interrupt him, giving him a look.

"Normally, I'd be mad about that attitude, but I can't have myself angry during that important meeting." He says, glaring at you as he stands up.

You tilt your head as he walks towards the kitchen. You follow him, and bite your lip as you muster up the courage to ask him a question.

"What's the meeting about?"

He turns to you, "You'll find out later." He says, "Now, go to your room, dress up in your nicest clothes, and make sure the house is clean."

You nod, and walk into your room. You shut the door, and lean against it with a sigh of relief.

You walk over to your bed, and pull out the box. You were about to pull the top off when you hear a scratching at the window. You look up to see (d/n) at the window.

You smile, and kick the box under the bed again. You walk over to the window, and open it.

(D/n) growls happily as he/she sees you. You grin, and pet him/her.

"Hey...what are you doing here?" You ask, "I have to get ready for tonight. You should be at the shed."

(D/n) only purrs in response, closing his/her eyes.

You smile, "Go on back to the shed. I can't fly you right now. Maybe later." You say.

(D/n) grunts, but nods. He/she walks back to the shed, and you close the window again.

You get changed into the nicest clothes you had. You pulled your hair into a pony tail, and sat on your bed patiently.

Later that evening, you hear the door open. You hear your fathers voice, and two other voices. You crack your door open to see spitelout and Snotlout walk in.

You tilt your head, 'why would dad want them over?' You think.

You quickly shut your door again as you see your father turn to walk towards your room.

He opens your door again, "they're here. Get out here." He says, and walks back to the two guests.

You walk out of your room, and sit down next to your dad. You nod your head respectfully towards spitelout, and wave awkwardly at Snotlout, who returned the favor with a simple nod.

"Anyway, (f/n), about the matter at hand. I think your daughter should most definitely go through with this contract." Spitelout says, patting snotlouts back.

You tilt my head, your confusion growing as you see Snotlout groan, hiding his face in his hands.

"Oh, she would be delighted to!" Your father speaks for you, making you turn to him.

"Father...what contract?" You ask, looking at him with confusion.

Your father turns to you, and then smiles nervously at spitelout.

"You know the contract, sweetie. The one I told you about this morning." He says, giving you a look that said 'go with it.'

Based on past experiences, You figured out it's best to go with the flow instead of paying for it later, so you nodded slowly.

"O-oh right. S-sorry, It just slipped my mind." You chuckle nervously.

Your father smiles, nodding his head. He pulls out a charcoal pencil as spitelout slides a sheet of paper towards him.