gjashtë

"what do you think of meguru, anyway?" asks yoichi as you pack up your stuff on the beach and dry off a bit on the side.

"distance," you say dryly, to which he looks at you in shock while you burst out laughing. "let's just say he's special, yoichi. a totally unique freak. we've been friends since kindergarten and you've never introduced me to your cousin?"

"i have now." grinning cheekily he packs up the towels.

"who's a freak?" meguru has jogged over, now stopping in front of you.

"no one." says yoichi, as yoi let out an icy "you," and he raises his eyebrows unsuspectingly. a small smile creeps onto your lips. "i'm just kidding."

"you're incredibly funny, do you know that?" rolling his eyes as he stuffs his towel into his backpack.

"of course i know that, silly." you grin, whereupon he rolls his eyes again, but a wide smile creeps onto his lips that he can't hold back.

yoichi pats his cousin's shoulder and laughs softly. "secretly y/n has a crush on you, that's why she's always so mean. you know what loves to tease." he waggles his eyebrows meaningfully, whereupon meguru's gaze darts from him to you and he waggles his eyebrows in jest as well.

"oh yeah?" he tosses me an air kiss, at which you start laughing.

"it might shock you, but the world doesn't revolve around you, bachira meguru."

playfully shocked, he holds a hand over his mouth. "it doesn't? that's pretty shocking, y/l/n y/n." grinning, you playfully punch him in the shoulder with your free hand before you put your backpacks on.

at a slow pace, you stroll down the narrow alley, back toward the hotel. god knows it wouldn't take that long if meguru didn't stop at every other booth and let himself be talked into it.

with a deft movement, yoichi pulls a small blue and black camera from a side pocket of his backpack and snaps everything around him as if he were a paparazzi.

critically you look at the whole situation and shake your head slightly before you continue walking alone.

they are definitely taking too long for you.

you hear another snapping sound and suddenly a shouted "y/n, wait." from yoichi, which is why you turn around and the two of them rush to you with quick steps.

meguru's yellow swim trunks shine brighter than the sun, blinding you quite a bit - but in contrast to his bright lips, it fits perfectly.

as we enter the elevator at the hotel, your best friend speaks up again. "this is our last night here, i think we should go celebrate. what do you think? spain is known for its hot clubs," he stops. "wait, we're leaving tomorrow already? we've only been here two days. i barely took any pictures." he pushes his lower lip forward and crosses his arms, like a defiant child.

"aw, don't you have enough photos, huh?" you grin, to which he mimics you silently.

"trust me, we have so many more countries and cities on our list, you'll get plenty of photos." meguru smiles at yoichi, to which he nods.

"so, celebrate?"

all of you shake your heads before you exit the elevator and walk to your rooms. quickly, you slide in your room card, enter it closely followed by meguru.

"i'm going to take a shower." he disappears into the bathroom shortly after.

[...]

"ugh, meg," you step out of the shower, communicate with him through the bathroom door. with a quick motion, you open the door and look at him. "this is going to be fun for sure, i'm so-" your mouth must have been open for a few seconds because meguru grin widens.

"what, do i look that good?" he teases you, but in doing so, that is actually the reason for your amazement.

the guy has dressed up, even put on a white shirt and combed his hair a little to the middle.

"you're coming, aren't you?" you reach for a red tshirt and pull it on, then a pair of black jeans.

"i guess your powers of persuasion actually persuaded me." he laughs softly, to which you grin, shrugging your shoulders.

"everyone has their qualities," you scurry past him to grab your shoes as his cologne hits your nose. "for not feeling like it, you sure dressed up, didn't you?"

"i do want to break a lot of hearts tonight, don't i?"

"sure you do, puppy dog, good luck with that."

"that table back there is still free!" yells yoichi over the loud music, pointing to a table in the far corner 10 minutes later.

no problem in itself, except that it's also the furthest away from the bar and you thus have the longest walk with your short legs.

"what do you guys want to drink?," he asks as the three of you settle down on the couches around the table. "first round's on me." and as if he had timed it, at that moment a waiter appears in front of your table with a big grin and asks for your order.

yoichi orders three homemade cocktails, which are delivered shortly after and you put your lips around the straw.

you give it a thumbs up, even though there's a bit much alcohol in there for your taste.

"sweet, like mother teresa." sighs meguru to himself, whereupon yoichi and you start laughing, exchanging glances.

quickly, your best friend has ordered the second drink for you and even quicker the third, which you drink away as if it were water.

"i ordered us more shots." he grins, to which you shake your head. "enough for me, thanks."

"no there, y/n. drink" he's holding the small glass to your lips, which is why you take it, rolling your eyes and actually drink.

you're not drunk yet, but you can already feel the alcohol clearly and you don't know if that's such a good thing.