gjashtëmbëdhjetë

a good two hours later, you three meet up with rensuke, hyoma and rosa on the beach. it's already afternoon and cooled down a bit, so you can spread out your blanket and the accompanying picnic in peace.

"this tastes amazing, y/n." rensuke nods at you with a smile as he feeds rosa another strawberry from the fruit salad.

laughing, you look at him. "what makes you think i made that?"

a smirk forms on his lips. "i thought meguru's good influence had already passed to you."

rolling your eyes, but still smiling, you shake your head.

"why aren't you two together, anyway?" blurts out hyoma out of nowhere, and you wonder why he had to start talking now of all times since he barely said a word before.

"hyoma!" says rensuke indignantly, smacking him in the arm with a rolled up magazine, but the long haired just shrugs. "just my thought."

frowning, rosa seems to realize how awkward the situation is getting, so she stands up. "how about we go jet skiing?"

"good idea." meguru agree's, pressing his lips together before standing up and the others do the same.

except for you.

you stay seated while the others are already walking ahead.

raising an eyebrow questioningly you look up at him, holding a hand in front of your face to keep from being blinded by the sun.

"you coming?," he asks, to which you shake your head and he rolls his eyes. "come on, y/n. now don't tell me that's too dangerous for you. i survived bumper cars too as an example, right?"

"but i almost didn't!" you affirm, inadvertently making a face, which makes him laugh out loud.

"you only got knocked down, not run over. and not even by a real car, you're fine, i can see that," smiling, he holds out a hand to you. "come on."

sighing, you take the hand and stand up. "can i get a ride with you?"

"sure." he grins cheekily at you, then pull you along with the others, where you grab life jackets and get another quick briefing.

grinning, you sit down on the motorized watercraft, which is already rocking back and forth due to the waves.

"come on," you call to meguru with a unsure grin, who finally sits down infront of you. "don't go too fast, though, okay?"

"not me." laughing, he goes straight to full throttle, causing you to cling to him, startled.

there you go.

"do you actually know that you look like a total bad boy sometimes?" you ask meguru as you all climb down a few cliffs to the water an half hour later.

you decided to go swimming in a secluded area for a bit after the jet skiing.

"in a good way, of course" you add quickly, grinning broadly at him.

"how can you take that in a positive way?" he asks wryly and sighs.

"oh come on, it's kind of cute."

"stop making fun of me!" says meguru, shoving you backwards with one hand while grabbing your hand with the other to hold you down.

startled, you gasp and turn your head back.

if he drops you now, you'll fall into the ocean.

cheekily, he grins at you while yoichi shouts a "what are you doing stupid?"

but you skillfully ignore him.

"if you drop me, i'll drag you with me." you threaten with a grin, to which meguru smiles.

"you won't make it."

"bet?" you give him a victorious look, to which he bites his lower lip.

"your lucky day, y/n." he pulls you back to him, and you're glad not to be floating at such a height anymore.

a few cliffs down, you then all strip off your clothes except for your bathing suits and jump into the water one by one — it's damn cold, but it does damn good.

[...]

"what do you think about a round of shot and kiss?" asks rosa, when you've made yourselves comfortable again on the blanket and all snuggled up in towels like buritos.

by now it's dark and the moon illuminates the blue water like a dream.

"we still have some alcohol in the picnic basket." she continues, taking out a golden bottle before turning it in her hands and looking at it.

"oh come on, rosa, if you want to kiss yoichi so badly, you can certainly do it this way." knowing rensuke grins at her, whereupon her cheeks turn red and she strokes her hair.

it looks like you missed more than you realized yesterday.

"what do you say we go for a walk? talk a little?" asks yoichi, standing up before holding out his hand to her.

"honestly, i'd love that." rosa agrees, shaking her hand before standing up as well and walking down to the ocean with him, holding hands.

yoichi must have done something right.

rensuke and hyoma also say goodbye shortly afterwards, which is why meguru looks at you.

returning the look, you slide a little closer to him. smiling, you lean against him slightly and enjoy his body heat against your skin — you enjoy the silence for a few minutes before he turns his head to you and you do the same.

meguru's gaze falls from your eyes to your lips and back and you can't deny that you want to kiss him right now, too.

he leans over to you, just about to bridge the distance between your lips, when loud music suddenly starts playing from a beach house a little further away.

smiling, you roll your eyes.

of course this had to happen now.

grinning, meguru strokes his hair and stands up, holding out a hand to you. "now you have to dance with me, too," with raised eyebrows, you look at him skeptically, whereupon he speaks up again. "oh, come on, y/n. everyone dances in the moonlight."

"i can't dance" taking his hand in yours you let him pull you up.

smiling, he pulls you against his body. "then it's time you learn it," he shrugs slightly and leans toward you. "but honestly, i can't do it myself."

you look at each other for a few seconds before you both start laughing and then bouncing and jumping around together like two idiots — it might look absolutely moronic to outsiders, but it felt absolutely great.