njëmbëdhjetë

wow, just one day in paris, the city of love and directly it lives up to its reputation? since the kiss, or rather the kisses of meguru and you last night, you can no longer get the image out of your head — how he has bent to yoi, with a smile on the lips and yellow eyes that have shone even in the dark.

with your index finger you stroke your lips, sigh softly. maybe it was simply out of pity or concern for you. after all, meguru isn't usually so brash about it.

you've kissed him before in this club, but that was more for show than anything else. and now this, wow.

sighing, you turn onto your side and finally stand up, because the pain in your back has gotten a little worse again. you tiptoe into the bathroom and examine your back in the mirror; it's blue and purple in places, but you didn't expect anything else.

taking a quick shower you put on a fresh pair of shorts before leaving the bathroom. you wince in shock when you see meguru sitting in bed, the little teddy bear in his hands, looking up at you from it.

"did i wake you?" you scratch the back of your neck slightly ashamed, to which he shakes his head.

"no, not at all. i've been awake for a little while."

nodding slightly you sit down on the edge of the bed to put on some socks as he slides a little closer to you from behind. "fuck, y/n. that looks really bad."

sighing, you shake your head slightly. "it's not that bad. it'll be gone in a few days."

"wait, i think i have something." with quick steps he runs into the bathroom and comes back with a small bag, which he dumps out on the bed. inside are band-aids, bandages, and all sorts of things you might have in a doctor's office.

"did you rob a hospital?" you joke, forcing a smile, to which he smiles as well.

"turn around."

you do as he asks and moments later you feel his fingers on your back spreading a cold cream. "i know this is terribly cold right now, and maybe painful, but it will help."

"honestly, it's pretty comfortable right now." you admit. whether you mean the cream or his hands on your back, i'll leave aside. there's silence for quite a while as meguru continues, before he clears his throat and speaks up after all. "i'm sorry i kissed you last night."

your saliva almost gets stuck in your throat, which is why you have to try hard not to cough it up. you also clear your throat briefly before shaking your head. "i kind of kissed you back, you know? so, it's okay."

"okay." he says affirmatively, at which point you silently sigh and stand up. "thanks."

"have you actually seen my new picture yet?" asks meguru as you settle down at a small table in a pastel green café later that day — he proudly shows the picture of himself in front of the giant balloon through the round, whereupon you roll your eyes.

"i took the picture, genius."

meguru pushes his bottom lip forward. "so you don't like the picture?"

god, can you believe this?

a small smirk spreads across yoir lips. "it's wonderful, balloon boy."

meguru grins broadly at you, whereupon you throw your packet of sugar at him and he looks at you in horror, but still smiling.

"i saw today that they also have a giant ice cream statue around the corner here, i really need to get one." he says enthusiastically as he stirs in his cocoa.

it's almost enviable how he gets excited about the smallest things.

"you do realize that in two hours we already have to go to the airport again?" interjects yoichi, whereupon meguru looks at him in horror.

"are you guys serious? only one day in france? you spend more time on the plane than you do on the ground." he crosses his arms in front of his chest.

you shrug your shoulders slightly. after all, it's still yoichi's and your trip.

"so what's the next stop?" he asks, rolling his eyes.

"italy." you say curtly, taking a sip of your smoothie.

"and how long are we staying there, two hours?" asks he, amused and ironic, to which you roll your eyes.

"five days."

he raises his eyebrows in surprise and then finally does shut his sweet mouth.

[...]

you're glad that you also got through this flight reasonably well with these two pains in the neck by your side. and you're also glad that you won't have to experience this again for the next five days.

meguru squeezed your hand like his life depended on it and yoichi unpacked his blue headphones again.

so, any more questions?

"wow, this place is beautiful!" gushed yoichi as you arrived in a secluded neighborhood and exited the cab.

your best friend and you had been thinking while planning the trip that it would be nice to stay in a vacation home right on the beach instead of always staying in hotels with a thousand different people as neighbors. just a quiet place, right on the beach, surrounded by good food and nothing but pure sunshine.

you pay the cab driver, while the other two clean out the trunk and the cab then drives away. you take another look over the little house and then over the wooden path, which leads directly to the beach — it's incredibly beautiful here.

and the best; only a few neighbors far and wide.

and the closest ones live even a few hundred meters away.

as meguru would say; it's an oasis of peace. you can already see the guy meditating.

under a small flowerpot on the window sill you pull out the key and open the door. the smell of wooden furniture and sunscreen immediately hits your nose, so you grin.

the living room and kitchen are one big open area and the bedrooms are on the second floor.

"i get the biggest room!" exclaims yoichi, sprinting up the stairs, whereupon meguru and you follow him, grinning but shaking your heads.

you know which room he's talking about; the one at the end of the hall since it already looked very appealing on the website.

"guess you and i are room neighbors then." you smile wryly at meguru and point to the two adjoining rooms.

grinning, he looks at you. "nothing better than that."