njëzet e dy

while hyoma and rensuke load the luggage, you walk around the bus with the others to get on.

sighing, you open the passenger door and are about to climb onto the seat when meguru opens the door behind you and sighs softly.

exhaling some air through your nose you turn to face him. "do you want to sit in the front? you always get sick in the back, don't you?"

he really is a special case, though.

meguru pulls a face and shrugs his shoulders slightly. "if you don't mind.. gladly."

"don't mind." you're now squeezing past him before dropping onto the middle bench where hyoma has already taken a seat.

yoichi, rosa and rensuke make themselves comfortable in the last row and valentina finally gets in and starts the engine.

you drop your head on hyoma's shoulder, whereupon you can feel his smile on your hair and he gives you a quick peck on the thigh. "are you okay, y/n?"

you just nod in response and not a second later meguru's head turns back. briefly he eyes hyoma and you and inwardly you roll your eyes at that, but outwardly you just look past him, out the front window.

a good 20 minutes later, after a brief goodbye, the others are already making their way into the building while you heave your suitcase out of the trunk.

"y/n?," asks valentina as she takes the suitcase from you and lifts it out of the car. you look at her questioningly, which causes her to smile wryly. "how are you?"

shrugging your shoulders you smile slightly. "pretty okay, i guess."

"it'll be fine, okay? you should talk to him." she winks at me encouragingly, which is why i put your arms around her, pulling her into a hug.

"thanks."

she laughs softly. "meguru's still standing over there by your front door, and he doesn't look too thrilled about that hug."

"i don't care." you break away from valentina a moment later, who grins mischievously at you.

"how about a goodbye kiss?"

smiling, you roll your eyes and playfully punch her in the shoulder. "dream on."

shrugging her shoulders, she laughs and looks at you. "let me dream, y/n!" and with those words and a big grin, she gets back on her bus before giving another quick wave and then driving off.

smiling, you look after her and then grab your suitcase to pull it behind you, to the big airport building. meguru is actually waiting behind the glass door and almost jumps when you enter the room.

"everything okay?," he asks, which causes you to just nod slightly and then walk on, while he grabs his luggage and follows you. "what did valentina want?" he asks, biting his lower lip.

"a goodbye kiss."

shocked, he looks at you. "but?"

"no, she didn't get one," you say rolling your eyes and walking straight towards rensuke.

not that it would be any of his business if it had been.

"we each have two seats next to each other. row 12, 19, and 31." lost in thought, rensuke looks at the tickets in his hand.

"let me guess; y/n and meguru want to sit together anyway, rosa and yoichi as well," his gaze falls on hyoma. "well, babe. i guess you'll have to put up with me for the next two hours then."

"what a shame, bro" jokes hyoma with a grin.

your lips press together almost on their own at the gesture and you sigh softly. actually, you wanted to sit next to yoichi, but in order not to arouse suspicion, you just nod.

you don't even know why you're making such a big deal out of this. you want everyone to know that meguru and you actually had something going on; they can already figure it out anyway.

at least then you could stop pretending that everything was great.

a short snack break and a check-in later you are on the plane and of course you leave the window seat to meguru. sighing, you drop down next to him while he rummages for his pillow in his backpack and tucks it behind his neck.

he looks at you with a puppy dog look and you want to punch him in the face so he'll finally stop. because every time he looks at you like that, you fall in love with him a little bit more.

"what?" you ask, fishing your air pods out of your pocket.

what kind of stupid question is that? yes, you're in love with him and yes, first he makes out with you and makes you feel like you're special to him and then he makes out with another girl right in front of you.

thanks for asking.

closing your eyes you sit back until the plane takes off and you automatically catch a glimpse of meguru.

in fact, he's sitting there rather tense, with his hands clawed into the fabric of his pants and looking tensely out the window. without giving it any more thought, you place your hand on his thigh with the back of your hand facing down and open it, but keep your eyes on the tv in front of you.

he swallows hard and examines your hand for a few seconds and you're about to take it away, thinking he doesn't want to give it to you, when he finally does put his hand in yours and intertwines them together.

you feel how tense his hand is, so you gently stroke the back of his hand with your thumb, closing your eyes.

what are you actually doing here?

quite a while later, you wake up from your light and far too short sleep and look at meguru, who is silently looking out the window, but still holding your hand as if his life depended on it.

yawning softly you pull your air pods out of your ears, because you see on the tv that you'll soon land.

meguru's gaze darts to you before he smiles slightly. "you're awake."

"didn't get a wink of sleep last night." you say half jokingly, half seriously, to which he nods.

"me neither, my night was way too short."

silently you look at him before smiling wryly. "yeah, i can imagine." you withdraw your hand from his, to which he looks at you in shock.

"no, no, i didn't mean it that way at all, y/n."

sighing, you put your air pods back in, even though you're already close to landing. hesitantly, meguru grabs your hand again and you let him, for whatever reason.

after you pick up your luggage after the landing, rosa hails two cabs for you while rensuke looks around with a grin.

"welcome to turkey! the sunny place for gloomy people." he says poetically and laughs softly,

"definitely y/n's place," yoichi comments with a grin, playfully punching you in the shoulder. "although, since she's been spending so much time with meguru, she's become a bit of a sunshine after all, huh?" he talks to you as if you're a toddler and then gives you a peck on the cheek as well.

"very funny, yoichi." you push his arm away, to which he just grins even more.

what a jerk.

your eyes fall on meguru, who is watching you smiling as the sun shines on his face. god, it looks beautiful when the sunlight hits his sparkling eyes.

"cab's here!" rosa suddenly calls out unexpectedly, so you flinch in fright and then follow the others.

sometimes you really wish you could turn off your thoughts.