tre

"y/n? hey, wake up!" you hear a soft voice against your ear.

you mutter quietly as you only fell asleep about ten minutes ago, yoichi's music keeping you on your toes.

sparsely, you open your eyes and blink a few times before your eyes fall on meguru while you yawn.

"we're here!" he announces happily as you cast a glance around the plane.

90% of the people have already disembarked and only a few stragglers are still retrieving their backpacks from the tray above them and then exiting the plane as well.

your gaze slides back to meguru and then to your hands, which are still clinging together as if they were joined with glue.

quickly, you let go of his hand and instead stroke your hair.

"where's yoichi?" another yawn escapes your throat.

a glance outside tells you that the sun is making its way through the last of the darkness and it will soon be light outside again.

"up ahead." he replies, pointing to the other one as he removes the purple blanket from your body, sending a chill through you all at once.

you didn't even realize he was covering you up.

cute.

nodding slightly you look at him while he packs up his things and you finally hurry after yoichi.

you almost run into this idiot as he stops in the middle of the stairs, swinging his cowboy hat.

no idea where it's coming from now.

"welcome to spain, amigos! the city of love!"

"the city of love is paris, yoichi." you squeeze past this one and meguru does the same.

yoichi, on the other hand, waves it off. "all the same. the cab should be here any minute." he announces good-humoredly.

but who's surprised?

he's been fast asleep for the last hours.

so you quickly pick up your luggage at the airport and run outside again. as if on cue, the yellow vehicle pulls up next to you and takes you 3 to the hotel within ten minutes.

gratefully, you pay before you take your bags and enter the hotel.

"wow, it's beautiful here!" marvels yoichi as he looks at the aesthetically pleasing ceiling paintings.

impatient and completely overtired, you tap away on your suitcase and pay no real attention to it, while meguru runs to the front desk, babbling something that sounds more like a toddler than spanish.

a clap makes you sit up and take notice.

meguru turns to you wide-eyed before quickly hurrying back to you. "the woman at the front desk just slapped me."

"what did you say?" you ask in horror, to which he shrugs ignorantly.

"either i asked her for the room keys, or i told her she looked like a guy."

pressing your lips together you try convulsively to suppress a laugh, but at the latest when yoichi laughs out loud, it's over for you too and you snort away.

"ha ha, very funny," he crosses his arms in front of his chest and rolls his eyes. "now what? i'm certainly not going back there."

yoichi grins at him, shaking his head, playfully punches him in the shoulder. "let me." with quick steps, he hurries to the front desk and within mere seconds, has two room cards in hand.

putting aside his perfect spanish, that may have minimally impressed you.

"you speak spanish?," asks meguru, aghast. "since when?"

"since we learned it in school?," grinning, yoichi raises an eyebrow. "probably should have been around more often" he hands his cousin the cards.

"there's just one problem, yoichi, we only have two rooms."

"yeah, i know. y/n and i booked the rooms weeks ago and when i tried to book a room again the other day, they were already booked. but no problem, favorite cousin. you can sleep on my couch." grinning he walks ahead to the elevator.

"i'm your only cousin!" he calls after him, before following him, grinning, but still shaking his head.

a small smile creeps onto your lips as well.

what idiots.

your rooms are right next to each other and with a quick "good night." you say goodbye and stumble wearily into the room.

quickly, you grab a shower gel + shampoo and some fresh clothes before taking a shower, then falling into bed.

a glance at the clock tells you that it's already six in the morning.

god, you really need to sleep.

happily, you snuggle into bed and pull the covers up under your chin, falling asleep in the same breath.

unfortunately, even this sleep only lasts a full fifteen minutes as there is a knock at the door.

"what?," you call out tiredly, whereupon there is another knock and you make your way to the door, muttering sourly, and open it. "what?" you repeat your question, stroking your eyes as meguru looks down at you, biting his lip.

"can i maybe sleep over at your place?"

"why?" you're annoyed, running a hand through your hair.

"yoichi snores so loudly and the couch is extremely uncomfortable." he states meekly, putting on his doe eyes again.

"i have the exact same couch in my room, it won't be any better." you sigh, to which he smiles slightly.

"but you don't snore like such a bear. at least not on the plane."

"come in." you step aside, letting him enter.

you're far too exhausted to worry about who's sleeping where and who's snoring how right now.

closing the door, you let yourself fall back into bed while meguru makes himself comfortable on the couch and tucks himself in.

but if you thought you were finally going to get some rest, you thought wrong - it seems like your couch isn't much more comfortable than the one yoichi has in his room, because you can hear meguru tossing and turning all the time.

and every time he does, the couch squeaks open.

annoyed, you exhale air through your nose.

you've been awake for over 24 hours now.

"meguru." you say briefly, to which he replies with a quiet "yes?"

"come here."

he sits up and looks over at me through the darkness. "really?"

"yes."

you hear soft tapping until the half of the bed next to you lowers slightly and meguru's scent hits your nose. he pulls the covers up under his chin as well and whispers a soft, "thank you."

but you're not even able to reply anymore, because you've long since entered your dreams.