trembëdhjetë

"we really need to buy groceries, we have absolutely nothing here." complains yoichi as he sits down on one of the chairs.

shrugging, you grab the carton of milk that's still unopened next to the fridge. "well, nothing's not quite right" you open the lid before drinking directly from the carton.

"that's so gross." comments meguru about you not drinking from a cup, to which you roll your eyes, taking another sip.

so everything is back to normal.

"the nearest supermarket is a good ten minutes away by bike," yoichi scrolls around on his phone. "but we really shouldn't go out in this weather. it's going to stop storming tonight."

"and then i'm not supposed to eat until tonight? i'll be starving by then!" meguru whines, to which you laugh softly.

he's so overdramatic.

"wait. there's a surf store down by the beach where they seem to sell some drinks and snacks too." he shrugs slightly and holds out his phone to show you a picture of the store.

"do you think it's even open in this weather?" you ask critically, to which he shrugs.

"sure, there are also lunatics who want to go surfing in weather like this and get their snacks there."

"okay, i'll go." you say, pulling the hood of your hoodie over your head before slipping into your shoes.

"that's not even an option," meguru says a little louder, causing you to turn to him in confusion.
"that's way too dangerous, i'm leaving."

a laugh leaves your throat. "it's sweet that you want to be a hero, meguru, but that's just some wind and rain, i think i'll be fine, thanks." you smile a little exaggeratedly, to which he rolls his eyes.

"how about you two idiots just go together?" suggests yoichi, crossing his arms in front of his chest before leaning against the fridge.

"whatever." you both sigh at the same time, to which meguru grabs some money and you open the door.

you've barely taken a step onto the patio before you're soaking wet — meguru has pulled a beanie over himself, but is otherwise only in a tshirt.

and you're walking around in his sweater.

you feel a bit bad already.

but actually, it's his own fault if he doesn't put anything on, because he's old enough, right?

actually it's more running than walking, until you finally arrive at the small store, which is probably not so small after all. it's a log cabin, medium sized, with surfboards, a drinks fridge and many small souvenirs.

and in the middle of it, the most clichéd thing you've ever seen; a pretty girl, wavy hair, blue eyes and a nice body — the typical surfer girl.

"what's up? can i help you guys out? what a stupid weather, you don't want to surf, do you?" she asks with her italian accent and puts on a charming smile.

meguru gives her a friendly smile before you speak up. "uh, no? have you checked out the waves?"

the girl starts laughing heartily, though you were totally serious. your eyes fall on her name tag, which is on her hawaiian top.

so valentina his her name.

"you are welcome to take a free trial lesson with me." she begins, but you interrupt her.

"listen, valentina." you begin, whereupon both her and meguru's attention are on you. "we don't want surf lessons, we want something to eat and something to drink, all right? and as fast as possible, because in case you haven't noticed, it's raining like there is no tomorrow."

raising an eyebrow, valentina turns to the fridge before you tell her what you want and she puts everything on the counter for you.

"uh, your girlfriend is in a bad mood, huh?" she asks meguru, pretending you're not present.

"she..she's not my, uhm, girlfriend." meguru smiles a little sheepishly, whereupon valentina's smile widens even more and she lets out a languished, "all the better."

god, meguru always attracts such weird girls, though. first this that girl in spain and now this valentina who can't take her eyes off him.

but who can blame them?

meguru is very pretty.

you put the money down and shrug your shoulders, unimpressed. "well, anyway, i'm the one who had fun with him last night," you say dryly, grabbing the water bottles before taking a few steps backwards. "see you around, valentina." you grin confidently and then walk back to the house with quick steps.

you can still hear meguru apologizing for your behavior, but you don't really care before he quickly follows you. "was that really necessary?" he asks as you struggle your way through the damp sand.

"it was." is all you give, to which he rolls his eyes.

"you were jealous, y/n." he grins, to which you roll your eyes this time.

"certainly not."

meguru just laughs softly, enters the house after you.

[...]

also in the afternoon the weather has become only a little better, which is why yoichi, meguru and you chill in the living room and watch tv.

"i'm going to get something to drink." you announce and run into the kitchen area, whereupon you pour yourself a glass of water and sit down on the kitchen island.

you grab the cold water and run it down your throat as meguru comes into the kitchen and stands in front of you. "may i?"

raising an eyebrow, you then hand him the half-full glass anyway, which he finishes in one go and strokes through his hair.

"you could have taken your own glass?" questioningly you look at him, but in the next moment he has taken another step forward so that he is standing directly in front of you and has pressed his lips to on yours.

pushing him backwards by his chest you look at him in horror. "are you insane? yoichi could turn around and see us at any moment!" you gasp softly, but meguru just puckers his lips into a smile.

"isn't that what makes it so exciting right now?"

your throat feels absolutely parched all of a sudden and how does breathing work again? but before you can do anything about it, you pull meguru to you by the back of his neck and press your lips on his again.

greedily he returns the kiss, lets his hands stroke up and down your thighs, when you are interrupted by a knock on the door.

startled, you pull apart and quickly jump off the kitchen island before meguru and you follow yoichi to the door.

two young guys look at you three kindly before one of them speaks up. "hi, i'm rensuke," he points to the other boy next to him before continuing. "and this is my friend, hyoma."

the reddish pink haired demonstratively waves briefly, puts on a minimal smile.

"we're staying temporarily in that bungalow back there, and we saw you on the beach this morning. we were wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner?"

yoichi smiles kindly at him. "we would love to come, thank you for inviting us. i'm yoichi by the way, and this is y/n and my cousin meguru." he points at each of us, to which rensuke nods in understanding.

"nice to meet you all. so in two hours with us then? around 7?"

meguru nods and grins. "you guys are just in time, we still haven't managed to get ourselves together to do some grocery shopping because of the weather."

"understandable," hyoma states, looking up at the sky. "but it's kind of winding down now. why don't you go in the morning? there's this girl on the beach, i think her name is valentina. she can show you the way."

a soft laugh leaves your throat — you'd rather get lost than let her near you again.

you say goodbye shortly after and yoichi looks at you two, grinning. "i guess miracles do happen."

sure. food is a miracle.