Chapter 11

Quinn POV:

"We're here" my dad said after 30 minutes of driving. I unclasped my seatbelt and got out to look at my new home.

Yes my new home, as in my very own place, school ended two weeks ago and I finally settled on this house after looking for so long and bought it.

It's not as big as the house I lived in with the others, but it's fine enough for me. It was an apartment where I had 5 other neighbors, and my place was on the top left.

"Ok me and your mother are gonna take out your boxes and you and Emory can move them up to the apartment"

"sounds great." I rolled my eyes because I knew Emory, in 15-20 minutes she would start complaining about how heavy it is and sit in the car or under some shade because of the sun.

I picked up a box and stacked it on top of another one and lifted it, there were many stairs but we found my door. I unlocked it with my new key and we both stepped in.

It wasn't mansion-big, but it was spacious, there was a little hallway for all the shoes and stuff then we stepped in to the living room on one side with the kitchen on the other, there was a glass door in the living room that led to a little balcony. In the middle of the living was a hallway with 2 doors on the left for the bedroom and bathroom, and one on the right I could make into an office or guest room or whatever.

"Let's set them in the bedroom" we moved to the bedroom and put them down.

Emory refuse to lift heavy because it will make her "gross" or "manly", so she took one at a time or the few things I left in the car, this time it was my vase with 8 roses.

"Why do you even have these, you didn't like them or wanted them when you were a kid" she put them down on the little kitchen island, "maybe I just thought it would be I nice change, maybe It will be nice."

For the next 40 minutes I went up and down stairs with boxes, yes I, because Emory sat herself in the car after 16 minutes with a nail file and refused to move.

"This is the last one" my dad said and they all followed up. I put the box down and stood up "my sofa and the other things will be here tomorrow, thanks for the help guys" I said.

"Your welcome sweetie" my father gave me a sweaty side hug, it's clear that he had better days, now that he's almost 55.

"Once your settled in we should find a time to celebrate your new apartment" my mom said as she looked around the apartment. "That sounds great, I'll have to check up on you with that", my mom sighed and shook her head.

It was silent for a minute then, "it wasn't my fault, that stupid GPS" we heard melody and Alex bicker from the hallway. "For gods sake" my mom mumbled before rolling her eyes, I was so close to snapping at her.

"Hi Quinn, hi Mr. And mrs Anderson" Mel said and turned to Emory "Barbie" with and nod. "Freak" Emory replied.

Mel came over and gave me a hug. "Well, we were going to invite to dinner but..." my mother awkwardly drawled on, "it's fine, Mel, Alex and I were probably gonna order takeout and probably get some stuff moved."

"Okay" she came over to me, "be safe, remember to call" she hugged me and walked out with dad. "Bye Alex" Emory sent Alex an air kiss before she walked out, I had to hold Mel back while she flailed and kicked with her arms and legs to get out.

"Let me go, I'm gonna murder that prostitute clown" she clawed, "Melody Lewis Johnson" I threatened.

"What, you call her that too" she said when I let her go. "Yeah, but they don't need to know all the things I call them" I closed the front door.

We ended up ordering Mexican takeout and talked about everything from the apartment, to why Mel spilt milk on Alex purple shirt, to why her mom walked in on them cuddling after sex last Thursday, and so on.

"So tell me" I said while a piece of chicken fell from my burrito, "what the hell where you arguing about in the hall" I took a bite.

"it's the stupid GPS" Mel said, "it wasn't the GPS" Alex looked up from his food. "Yes it was!, so anyway, we were on a way to your apartment"

Alex huffed and laughed so Mel hit his arm, "we were in the car and I put the address you texted in the GPS, now you texted 'Hunson street 5B', now our little stupid GPS changed it to 'Henson street 5B." "Yes very Stupid GPS" Alex shakes with laughter, another hit. "Now Henson street is actually a place and building" — " omg, no you didn't" I interrupted — "yes we did" Mel drank a sip of her cola.

"So we went out there exactly at Henson 5B, and guess what." "What" I asked to engrossed and already forgotten my food. "We walked in that door — and because I wanted to be fun — I said "Quinn my darling, we're here to rescue you" but no one replied so we thought "what the hell" and walked around to look. In the living room stands and old lady in nothing but underwear, frozen, not a word, nothing. Then finally she screams from the top of her lungs with all the mighty power in the world and yells "get out!" Again and again while we run, so yeah, that's why we where late."

At this point I'm fully rolling around on the carpet from laughter, not caring about my food cause this is too hilarious.

I'm probably as red as a tomato. Alex is shaking from laughter and laying on the ground too. "Stop it, it was the stupid GPS" Mel says with crossed arms.

After Mel and Alex left I checked the clock to see it was 22:02, so I got ready for bed, or my mattress since my bed hadn't arrived.

I walked out the bathroom and into my bedroom. There was a letter on the windowsill with the rose having fallen on the floor, I grabbed it and opened it.

Congratulations on your new apartment my love, it looks very nice, I can't wait to see how you're gonna furnish it. I know that your last year in high school ended two weeks ago and that it is now summer break, I hope you have a lot of fun and that your thinking of me as much as I am you, enjoy your summer and keep wearing those shorts, I love seeing your beautiful legs, especially if they were wrapped around me, sorry love my wolf took control for a second. No matter what, enjoy your summer, you deserve it.
— with love, your mysterious mate

I put the rose in the vase with the others and go to bed.