Chapter 3

Quinn POV:

Melody had texted me 15 minutes ago if I wanted to hang out with her and Alex, so that's what I was doing, walking over to the old skater park where Mel and Alex usually hung out ever since they met there and found out they where mates.

I walked and huffed out a laugh as I remembered how Mel told me they met.

Apparently she was at the skate park because she was meeting her friend's boyfriend, but her friend seemed to be late for the meeting so while waiting she bought some ice cream and sat down to look at the skaters.

Now Alex who was skating around with his friends, was at some ramp and doing some cool stunt that he learned — according to him not her — when they both smelled the scent of their mate.

Alex was so distracted that he ended up face-plant-hitting the ramp, break his arm and slide down, Melody of course saw this and ran over to him with her ice cream still in her hand.

Long story short, she went with him to the hospital and ended up feeding him her ice cream to make him feel better.

I shook my head at the silly and cute story as I turned the last corner to the park, what I didn't expect was Mel straddling Alex and sucking his soul out.

"Eww, if your going to be doing that all day then I'm going again." Alex chuckled at my comment while Mel just looked over his shoulder and gave me an annoyed look.

"Oh, you know you still love us" Alex said to me as I sat down on the ground across from them. I did nothing but stick my tongue out which he also did in response.

"Enough, I wanna hear about the party — sorry, the 'catastrophe'" Mel air quoted the last part before taking a sip of her drink.

I looked at her tiredly, "like you said, it was a disaster. The party was horrible, the people was horrible —not to mention some of the food my sister ordered— and lastly of course the rogue attack. You should see my sister right now, she knew this would most likely happen but still she acts like a fucking drama queen and cries waterfalls to mom and dad, luckily no one got badly injured but she just have to be a crybaby." I exhaled and huffed and muttered 'you're lucky you weren't there' under my breath.

"Crazy" she sang as she widened her eyes before resting her head on Alex shoulder. "But... I did find something interesting" I said.

Mel shoot up, "I'm listening." Typical Mel always up for the juice. So I told her and Alex about my encounter with my mate. "Wow, a mate that escaped" she said as she leaned back, "but a mysterious mate sounds kind of hot, someone who loves you and watches over you to protect you from danger"

Alex growled at that until she gave him a kiss. I made a grimace. "You two are too couply, can't you find another place" I rolled my eyes.

"We could, but that's no fun" Alex winked, I fake gagged. After a minute of silence we all burst into laughter.

"You sexy mama you got a secret lover" Mel happily said, "Quinn got a secret lover"she sang and danced with her arms in the air.

"You watched too many romance movies, he ran away before I could see him, he's not a mysterious lover that's gonna protect me, he's a chicken." I said.

I scoffed. "He's probably some douche that didn't know what he wanted."

—————————————————————————
We sat for another 2 hours and talked before I had to go home. So here I am, in front of the front door and preparing myself to go in.

I took a deep breath and walked in. "I'm home" I shouted. I walked over to the living room and saw my sister with my mom on her right and dad on her left, she sat and cried with a few tissue papers around her.

"It's alright honey, nothing bad happened" my mom calmed the over dramatic baby at her hand. "Oh good, Quinn, can you bring some juice to your sister from the kitchen and then come here and hold her, she missed you" my mom said as she pointed to the kitchen.

"No thanks, I really c—" I was interrupted by a crying Emory that ran onto my arms. "Ok, I...guess... I'll stay" I said as I awkwardly patted her back.

So the next hour was spent sitting here with Emory in my arms while she cried and talked.

Thank god, She finally fell asleep on the couch from all the energy she used on crying.

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom with tired steps, ready to go to bed. I opened the door and walked in, my room was nothing special, big square with cream colored walls, a bed, a bookshelf with some books and other stuff, a window and a desk.

I was ready to take off all my clothes and crawl into bed when something on my desk caught my eye, I walked over.

It was a beautiful red rose that laid on top of a envelope. I hesitated to open the letter but I did.

My gorgeous little mate, who knew a little girl like you would occupy my mind so much. Certainly not me. I know I'm not what you expected, I didn't expect you either, but here we are, and here we met. I wish we could meet again, but unfortunately we can't, I have too much on my plate to chew and too much in my life to handle. If it were another life and I was another person I would have embraced you from the start and never let go, but sadly, I'm not. My life is too dangerous for you, it's too dark for your gorgeous smile and I don't want that for you. It saddens me so much that this is how it is, but you gotta understand where I'm coming from. I can't give you sweet hugs or kisses, but what I can give you is a sweet rose for my sweet love.

— with love, your mysterious mate

When I was done reading a shiver ran down my spine, my mysterious mate indeed.

I closed my eyes and smelled the rose, it smelt fresh, kinda like strawberries and flowers on a spring day. I will find a vase tomorrow, right now I'm going to sleep.