grieving & moving on

1 week later....

Yn pov

Me and natasha have been close we talked a lot and occassionaly fell asleep in the same bed in eachothers arms. Giving eachother comfort and planning the funeral. We decided on a small ceremony in the Woods and to bury him next to my mom. Dads 'boyfriend' is also coming he was a big part of my dads life even though he cheated on natasha she understands and doesnt hold a grudge. I havent really spoken to wanda ever since she admitted to still have a boyfriend, i miss her but she needs to fet her shit together and then she can Come to me. Im doing better with each day im at peace with it i miss him, ill always will but atleast he was happy and isnt in pain anymore.

Right now im getting Dressed for the funeral im wearing a suit and doing my hair when there is a knock. "Come in." The door opens amd natasha walks in "hey yn... you look handsome." I smile softly "thank you nat, you look beautifull too." She smiles and walks closer to me fixing my tie and hugs me tightly,

i hug her back and Kiss her head "Are you ready?" She nods "yeah im ready to move on, its weird im not sad

i hug her back and Kiss her head "Are you ready?" She nods "yeah im ready to move on, its weird im not sad. Im done grieving. It sounds weird but im happy?" I nod "iknow what you mean, i feel like that too." We exchange small smiles and go downstairs where the team is and make our way to the venue.

We arrive at the small church in the Woods and make it inside. It goes by in a blur. The priest said some words and then my dads boyfriend walks up to the stand. "Hi everyone.... im Chris, Chris Evans. No one of you probably knows me, im aware. I uhh... i had an affair with steve. It was actually more of a relationship i know he still had a girlfriend and i really hope you can forgive me, he did love you. Just like he loved me. Steve...Steve was an amazing man an hero a father and a lover. When he cares about you he will do anything for you. Even if its gonna Hurt himself... thats Steve. Ill miss you babe, ill see you again. I love you."

I had tears in my eyes this man played a huge role in the life of my dad even if they both shouldve handled things different im glad dad had someone. Chris seems to really feel out of it and out of place when he walks down. I decide to stand up and walk over to him "that was beautifull, thank you. Thank you for loving and being there for my dad." He hugs me tightly and we both have tears streaming down our cheeks "thank you... that even tho everything between me and steve was messy you still invite me. Im really gratefull." We both smile a little and then its my turn to speech.

"Dad... from the amount of time ive really lived and wasnt in ice... ive only spend 4 years with you. Yet we had a bond, what am i saying we still have a bond stronger than everything. You had me with mom, peggy. And only three years later you got captured. While i grew up. Then i got captured too..... they made me like you. But they didnt know i already were like you. They put me in ice and 4 years after you got out you freed me on one of your top secret missions. You immediately knew Who i was and gave me a place to stay and hide. I hid 3 years long before i realised that living in fear is no way of living. Sometimes you used to tell me when i was only a couple years old after not daring to go outside because i got stung by a bee. When i came back to you and joined the avengers you were really nervous to introduce me to your girlfriend Natasha. But we too have a special bond i cant really name, but its nice. Its sad you never told me you also had an amazing boyfriend. I can see the love for you in his eyes and the way he talks about you. And he is right, you are a hero. Not because you were an avenger. But because you were my dad when you could be. I miss you, and i love you. Say hey to mom for me.... till we meet again, bye dad...."

With that they take the coffin and slowly put it down beneath the ground. I gave my number to Chris so we could keep in touch and mad e my way with the team back to the compound. In the car Natasha was cuddled into me on with her hands  both sides. Bringing huge comfort. I really meant what i said to Nat.

Flashback:
Im not sad anymore, he is in a better place no. He deserves to rest. As long as i dont lose you too, ill manage. You mean a lot to me Natasha. It would kill me if i lost you too.

You wont lose me yn. I promise. I feel that too. You mean a lot to me too.
*more than you know... *

She whispered under her breath
They hugged really tight and Nat placed a soft Kiss on yn's cheek and smiled. They both had sweet smiles.

.

.

<3