Chapter Fourteen

THIS CHAPTER WAS PREWRITTEN ON APRIL 19TH 2023

-

Pezzy was walking next to Droid as they were strolling down the beach together. Yeah he definitely screwed up! "It's weird hanging out with you again." Droid says to Pezzy and he sighed.

"I know... I'm glad we are, though." Pezzy responded.

"It was nice that you sent me actual letters. That's more than any of my other friends have done... And you even wrote on that cool parchment paper. That's so Pezzy." He told him. Wait, I did that? Wow I was more like a best friend in this world, then my own world. Pezzy says to himself.

"So pretentious. But I love writing on it, like an English poet. You deserve the best stationery." Pezzy says to him.

"Probably easier to write than to visit me. I don't mean that in a bitchy way. Not totally. You probably wanted to avoid awkward conversations like this." Droid says and Pezzy chuckled and nodded.

"Uh...pretty much, yeah." Pezzy answered.

"Look, the worst thing you can do is treat me like a baby. I still want to laugh and talk shit with my best friend." He told him, and then he stopped his wheelchair. "Can we stop? This is seriously the best view of the sunset. What do photographers call that?"

""The golden hour."" Pezzy said to him and he smiled.

"See? Without you here, I'd have no clue. Bet you could take some amazing shots... Those beached whales are so sad. I kind of know how they feel... At least I'm alive here with you." Droid tells him and he sighed sadly.

"You're a real survivor, Droid. I know you have to deal with so much." Pezzy replied, and Droid sighed.

"I don't want anybody else feeling sorry for me. I can do that...along with my parents. My dad still feels guilty about buying me that car." He says. Pezzy wondered what happened when the accident occurred.

"Are you okay to talk about the accident?" Pezzy asked and he looked at him.

"We never actually have, huh? There's not much to say. Some prick in an SUV cut me off and I flew into a ditch." He told him. Pezzy sighed. Holy shit!

"Do you...remember everything?" He asked.

"I saw everything in bullet time. I felt my back snap and... And that was the last thing I ever felt in my body. When I woke up in the hospital, I literally couldn't move a muscle." He said. Pezzy just felt his heart just drop down in his stomach. He needed to go back and fix this.

"Jesus! I...I don't know what to say." Pezzy literally didn't know what to say, there were no words to describe this. Droid sighed.

"Don't say anything. I'm just happy I did get to see you again. I could have ended up vanishing out of the blue like that girl from Blackwell." He says. Sara is still missing?

"You mean Sara Jacobs? When was the last time you talked to her?" Pezzy asked, starting to get a little hopeful that not everything had changed, but that hope dwindled away, when Droid looked at him in confusion.

"Uh, never. I just read about her in the news. I didn't even know her name. You did?" He asked. Pezzy sighed softly. Shit this is so bad. Why did he let it get this bad?

"This is such a different world than when we were kids, isn't it..." Pezzy sighed.

"After that snow and eclipse, it's more like the end of the world." Droid told him. Dammit, Pezzy didn't fix shit, he just made it worse.