Evelyn: Chapter Seven

February 2nd
Hi diary. Things have been different around here since the last time I wrote a normal diary entry. For example, Dad told me Veruca's grounded and she got her first spanking. Veruca also could ask, "Daddy I want to go shopping today." And then shockingly Dad would say, "No, Veruca. Evey can go today." And when Veruca is grounded, I guess that includes no electronics, no sweets, and no leaving the house. And now every morning, half of me expects to see just Mom and Dad downstairs. But I see Veruca in her school uniform along with them.

It's still weird for me to get used to this new lifestyle. One without a spoiled rotten sister/ enemy and a spineless father. I guess Dad learned not to spoil your children. And Veruca. Well, she was probably forced to learn. But I guess Veruca was bad! I never got spanked. I'm so excited to tell Lexi Shara and Chloe! Well, if Veruca doesn't find out.

February 3rd
Today was the day I went back to school after the factory. Dad decided yesterday that we needed a day to fix around ourselves. Maybe they were frightened because I didn't come back. I went on the bus and Lexi Shara was sitting in our usual seat. But her backpack was in my spot. And usually she saves it for me. "Hi, Lex!" I called, trying to get her attention. Lexi looked the other way out of the window. I waved and tried to see what was go on until the bus driver said, "SALT! YOU NEEDA MOVE! PEOPLE ARE TRYNA COME!"

I looked and quickly took a seat next to Veruca, who looked less lively than usual. "Look. If you're here to tell me about how I acted before and your warnings before, I know it, I lost and you won." Veruca said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You were always the one who was nice. But not v. I was spoiled." I felt awkward and thought about all of the things Veruca did. The store tantrums, the demand of everyone to get what she wants. All of the trama she's caused me. I didn't answer her with nothing to say and it was a fairly quiet and long bus ride.

Later on Lexi told me something interesting. "Listen. Have you seen Sophie? She's lonely. She needs you as her friend." I looked at Sophie, who looked saddened. I went to her and gave her a hug. Her face brightened as she realized I was her friend again. "Evey?" I nodded and took her to meet Chloe and of course she will get to know Lexi. Sooner or later we all became friends! Life is going great! I'm so happy. I want to tell you guys this:
When things fall down in life, don't fall down with it. Stay up and life will build up as well :)