Evelyn: Chapter Six

January 31st
Guys! Tomorrow is the last day before I go to Willy Wonka's factory. But you may not be surprised that Veruca caused some drama at the store today. It all started when we went to the dress section.

"I want a pink dress. One that's very warm." Veruca demanded. "Anything you want." Dad promised. "And my sweet darling Evelyn. What are you looking for?" Dad looked down at me. "I'm not looking for anything special. Just a simple blue dress." Dad smiled and squeezed my hand. It didn't hurt. But as we were finding a dress for Veruca, we saw a brunette girl picking up the same dress that Veruca wanted. "Daddy tell her to PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE VERUCA WANTS IT! AND SHE WANTS IT RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!" Veruca furiously demanded.

I guess when Dad said, "The sweat falls down my brow." It was true. Sweat fell down his face as Veruca stomped on the ground looking like she'd throw a big tantrum. I remember when these pink sandals were not on sale and Veruca made a mess around the store. Shoes were knocked off the shelf . Shirts ripped STRAIGHT apart. I shivered thinking back to that horror of a moment. The father of the girl said, "How about you guys come back tomorrow and then you can get this dress. We need it for Wednesday." I felt like something bad would happen. "Well, we really need it for tomorrow. We're going to Wonka's factory and-" I tried to say. "Ok. Laura. We can come back tomorrow. They need it more than us."

The the father picked her up and put her in the cart. Veruca grabbed the dress and stuck her tongue out at her. The Laura girl started screaming and crying while the father ignored her and kept walking on. Have you ever heard of the saying "things got from bad to worse." ? Well that's exactly what happened. We found this super soft mink coat. It was gray. And that same Laura girl was holding it. "You think you get this? No way!" The father on on his phone. "Daddy! Do something! RIGHT NOW!" Veruca demanded as she already had her face in a scowl and had her hands balled up into fists. "Uh. Um Um." Dad mumbled. By then Veruca and Laura were pulling the coat like a tug of war rope. "I it need for Wednesday!" "I need it for tomorrow!" " You have the dress! GIVE. IT. TO. ME!" Laura yelled. This with one great pull Veruca ended up with the coat. And poor Laura was on the floor being dragged away. I was speechless. At least Veruca was happy and not throwing a tantrum. Anyways after those Laura incidents Veruca had no problems getting what she wanted.
I wore this: