𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦

Start from the beginning

He tries to say something but I beat him to it. I begin to tell him everything. The roses, the notes, and about Luca taking his place. But I make sure to leave out the unknown caller.

I'm pretty sure that was Joseph calling me, well at least I hope it was.

"Fuck, Lina I'm so sorry, this is all my fault I should have had people guarding your window. I'm such a fucking idiot," he rubs his forehead together while shaking his head.

"Danny it's not your-"

"Yes, it is Lina. I completely understand why you are letting Luca take my place. It was my responsibility to protect you and look what happened...I should have done a better job," he exhales deeply, looking at me with sorry eyes.

"Danny, everyone makes mistakes but I'm not holding it against you and that's not the reason why I'm letting Luca take your place," I say softly, partially lying. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

His eyebrows furrow. "Luca has worked for Nathan for years and since we are getting married he wants Luca to be in charge of my safety," my hands begin to sweat even more at the lie that just left my mouth.

Danny raises his eyebrows in understanding and nods his head. "Well, that makes sense," he says, taking another sip of his coffee.

"You will still be by my side because my father is adamant about it but Luca will be in charge of everything involving my safety," I continue to explain, feeling a little guilty about the small sadness in his eyes.

"Speaking of your father he's going to kill me," he groans.

"He won't," I say, wiping my hands with my napkin. "He actually likes you and he wouldn't kill someone he likes," I give him a tight lipped smile, feeling a sting of jealousy towards him. My father may not say it but he likes Danny.

And it bothers me because my father doesn't like me, his own daughter.

A moment of silence falls between us but is broken by Danny saying my name. I look back at him, trying not to show that I'm bothered. "Why don't you think it's Joseph sending you the notes and the flowers?" He asks in a low voice.

Danny knows everything about Joseph because my father told him.

"Because the notes don't say anything about us and I think he already got it through his head that we can't be together anymore," I nervously fidget with my fingers under the table. I can't tell him that I saw Joseph because he will run to my father.

Plus it's not like he did anything all he did was look at me.

But if it's not Joseph then who the hell is it?

And then I think back to my father's words that keep on repeating in my head.

Personal matter.

What did he mean by that?

"Fuck," he heavily sighs, looking even more stressed out than before. "If it isn't him then.." he pauses going into a deep thought.

"Then?" I ask, anxiously waiting for him to finish the rest of his sentence.

"Well, then I'm worried, Lina," he scratches his head making sure not to mess up his comb over.

I'm already scared but seeing Danny, Ivan, and my father worried have me feeling completely terrified. "Me too," I honestly admit, bringing my thumb to my lips and chewing on the nail.

He gets up from his chair and walks over to me, placing his hand on my cheek. "Nothing will happen to you, Lina," he reassures me once he sees me internally panicking.