Chapter 47: God-Empress Nordeline

"What are her laws?" Jurdelious asked, a calculative glint flashing in his eyes.

*sigh* One could almost catch a glimpse of envy in his bright blue eyes. "She has the law of Space, and the law of Time".

"How did she get more than one law" Al'ravee was eager to see her use them. It was his first time seeing another goddess who was around his age.

"I'm still thinking about it" Jurdelious spoke up.

This was strange to Al'ravee. He had witnessed how it usually didn't take long for his father to think about anything but now, after some seconds, he said 'Im still thinking'.

"Anyways..." Jurdelious resumed his calm demeanour "She's in a state of senselessness. What was the final order". He directed that question to Ris.

"Kneel before me," Ris said suddenly looking very tired " And it was directed to pretty much anything that had knees in front of her".

"Hmmm" Jurdelious didn't say anything

Al'ravee sent a Link transmission to Ris ""Sir Ris, what's happening?""

Ris didn't look at him but still responded, "" This empress Nordeline is a difficult person. Long ago, she was born directly on this planet in the presence of the humans here.

The phenomenon of her birth had caused a lot of ruckuses and attracted the attention of the royal court. This is a land ruled by kings and queens with an iron fist so you could imagine the type of environment she had to grow up in.

As you know, most people's personalities and characters are influenced by their surroundings while growing up and we the Divines aren't an exception to that rule.

She was taken to the king of that kingdom and made to live there as some kind of trophy to look at. She grew up surrounded by scheming and witty people with an ambition to expand their kingdom and picked up one or two things from them.

Just when she was ten years old, she witnessed the forceful dethronement of a king and his public execution, getting a clear picture on just how dangerous the world she was in could be. Nordeline obviously survived and was kept in a dungeon, completely forgotten for a while.

Later, she was released and trained to be part of a secret intelligence organisation for the new king. She suffered a lot at that age but she endured, her immortality didn't allow her to escape into the embrace of death.

At that time, Krene stumbled upon her. This planet is just at the very edge of her territory and even her followers whom some are already capable of interstellar travel purposely ignored this place.

At this time, you were a bit older than her then. She learnt of her origins and accepted them quite quickly. Krene kept an eye on her but never interfered in anything.

Like that, she grew up into a young beautiful woman. Her skill in gathering information was mediocre at best, it was her leadership skills and decision-making that set her apart from the rest. With their help, the King managed to escape a lot of calamities that could have taken his life.

Nordeline's skills only continued to improve as the years flew by. Before long, she was the recognized leader.

Alas, the king started to see her and her group as a threat. They knew too much and he had grown to be old and untrusting of everything and everyone around him. It was at this time that she stopped ageing too.

The king had to find a way to get rid of them one by one and be replaced with new loyal fellows.

After some schemes and plotting, he managed to trick her into an infiltration mission before using his soldiers to ambush her on the suspicion of treason. Nordeline naturally fought back but it was all for nought.