Chapter 18: An Inevitable Death

*Three Years Later*  

The news of Ivan's death quickly went under the bridge and after Al'ravee left, his thoughts were that the only reason he would have to come back was to bring his parents to live with him over there in his own house. After all, he originally wanted to get away from his parents in his early years but now, he really missed their presence, he missed his mother's nagging, he missed his father's gentle but intimidating gaze, and the scene of them always discussing something that no one ever knew. He wanted to spend some missed quality time with them before any unforeseen situation props up. Too bad, Krene and Jurdelious had other plans.

Just when the people of planet Green cloud were celebrating the new year, Al'ravee received a call from home saying that his father Jurdelious... was dead.

Many people ranging from neighbors to family friends to former work colleagues were deeply saddened by the sudden departure of Jurdelious. Al'ravee as the only child was responsible for being the shoulder his mother was supposed to cry on and was also burdened with organizing the burial of his father.

Although Krene cried saying that she was going to miss her husband, acting all frail like an old woman would, it didn't last. A week after Al'ravee went home, she went back to the same old woman that she always was, a quiet but strict complainant.

"So this is how it feels to see your father getting buried." That was one of the thoughts that went through Al'ravee's head when he threw dirt over his father's coffin during the burial.

Krene and many other sympathizers were present that day in the graveyard, all having solemn expression expressions. Al'ravee didn't know if he was seeing things but he felt he caught a glimpse of krene wearing a mocking smile but he was too sad to think too much of it.

Al'ravee decided that he was going to take his mother along with him when he left the town to the big city to live with his family. At first, Krene was skeptical about it and Al'ravee thought that she just wanted to live alone for the rest of her life but he won't allow it. He wasn't able to see his father during his last moments alive and even though he wasn't willing to admit it, he knew deep down that his mother would die too one day. He only wished to spend time with her before then.

Al'ravee was later able to 'convince' Krene to follow him away to the big city. Her grandchildren and daughter-in-law were quite pleased to have an extra person at home especially Al'ravee's eldest daughter.
...
*Ten years later*

Things went on smoothly for the entire family of Divera. A few dramas happened, but nothing that a simple dialogue could not solve. Even at the age of twenty, Al'ravee's oldest daughter was still grandma krene's favorite. No surprise there since she was krene's first grandchild and the one she paid the most attention to. Al'ravee and krene settled for just the three children that they already had.

It was good that he bought a house back then when he had the chance, the cost of houses these days was mind-blowing. Someone would have to use his entire savings to afford a house of their own. Al'ravee had not been promoted in his place of work and with his current income, it would take ten years of intensive saving to afford one now.

Al'ravee had heard a lot of news these last few years. Ukaria, his ex-girlfriend from University, once stumbled upon her page on social media and found out that she already had a family with a famous musician of the decade. Al'ravee was happy for her though, at least she found someone who could live in harmony with her.

He also recently discovered that his roommate, Batly the foody who went on to become a truck driver died in an accident on his way to deliver some goods for the company he was working for. It was at the funeral that Al'ravee learned that the company Batly worked for was under the Redlet conglomerate.