Chapter 42: The Bad Hearted

Just outside an open large storehouse sixty metres away from Al'ravee, a four-metre, four-legged, two-armed robotic-looking machine walked out and positioned itself in front of Al'ravee.

On its left was a chainsaw arm. It's right, a five-barrelled gatling gun arm. Mounted on its left shoulder was a missile launcher with its remaining two missiles and on its left shoulder... 'Laser cannon?'

Al'ravee was excited "This will be interesting".

"INTRUDER! STAND DOWN" The man piloting the mecha spoke out, his voice being amplified by the machine.

'At these guys dumb or what, I just tanked a missile and still killed their soldiers like nothing happened. Is he that confident in this machine of his'.

The pilot himself was nervous. To him, this was some superhuman experiment gone wrong and he wasn't trained to fight this type of entity with this large Mecha.

Al'ravee stood on his own in the centre of the bodies. 'Sixty metres? I can cross that in three seconds'.

The pilot activated the strongest weapon system as soon as he did not see any response from Al'ravee.

*HUMMM!*

The laser cannon which was shaped like the maw of a toothless beast let out a humming sound as the centre of the barrel lit up with blue light.

Al'ravee could almost hear the air around it burning up. He took a step forward but the canon was faster.

*BOOM*

Al'ravee was hit head-on with a blue plasma beam from the laser cannon. His hands were quickly raised in an X formation to shield his face from the pain and feeling that was similar to being bathed in scalding hot water.

"Ah, pain, my old friend", Al'ravees' voice sounded out as the beam died down. Al'ravee didn't look too good though. His body was releasing smoke and he put his weight on his right leg. The back of his palm was all burnt bones but the flesh was already recovering at a visible speed.

The pilot was scared out of his wit. If not for the cracked ground beneath Al'ravee, he would have thought that he didn't even hit him at all. He of all people knew how terrifying the laser beam was. This was something that was able to bore holes into the side of a hill.

"Huh?" Al'ravee opened his eyes wide in shock. When he had been busy blocking the laser beam, his vision and hearing were obstructed so he didn't notice the arrival of four new mechas. "Shit-"

*BOOM!*
*BOOM!*
*BOOM!*
*BOOM!*

His arms were in front of his face in no time. Cranking up his body's divinity to 15 percent, he took the beams magnificently.

*CRACK...CRACK CRACK*

Al'ravee was being pushed back by the beams and this time, the mechas did not stop firing.

His legs dug two fissures in the ground while he struggled to stand his ground.

All five of the pilots seem to have a hidden communication as they all activated the gatling gun arms at the same time. The first Mecha pilot also took another shot with his laser cannon again.

*HUMMM...BOOOOM!*
*DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAD*

Al'ravee couldn't take this round of bombardment and slammed into a wall beside the damaged gate, causing web-like cracks to spread around him. Luckily, this wall although not made of metal was quite sturdy.

'Hehe, they even managed to be able to use molten magma to create walls on the spot' Al'ravee thought, quickly recognising the material as an igneous substance.