1. Prologue

Before diving into this story, I just wanted to say hello and tell you it means a lot if you're reading this.

This is my first original work. All the stories I've written before was fanfiction, mainly HP.
I only started writing 2 years ago and my first language isn't English, so bare with me, alright. 😁

500 years ago

In the grand hall of Ferri, a feast unfolded, ushering the celebration of the century. The seven princes, clad in their finest attire, graced the event with their presence. Long tables adorned with delicacies and flowing beverages stretched across the expanse of the hall. Men, women, and demons alike, dressed in their finest clothes, in all shapes and colours. In the far right corner, mortals played the lute, theorbo, tabor and the shawm. Filling the grand hall with lively music.

Lust, leaned against the banquet table, whispering honeyed words to a scarcely clad maiden, his touch trailing seductively down her bare back. Wrath, amidst bolturous laughter, conversed animatedly with members of the high council, his black shirt disheveled in tandem with his tousled locks. Pride silently surveyed the gathering with an air of calculation from his ebony throne, etched with icy blue motifs.

Gluttony reclined in a corner, his indulgence mirrored by revelers cavorting at his feet. Greed idly plucked at grapes, his gaze tracing the intricate patterns of the crystal chandeliers above. Envy, perched upon his throne nearby, observed the youngest brother's waltz with his new bride.

Sloth, in a warm embrace with his mortal wife Margarete, swayed to the rhythm of a melodic tune. Dressed in a gown of ebony velvet embroidered with his house sigil, Margarete radiated ethereal allure.

As the newlyweds vanished through a shimmering portal, the revelry continued unabated.

About a hundred and seventy years after Sloth and Margarete's wedding a curse descended on the land but more so on the princes.

Bound within the depths of the underworld, their freedom curtailed. Born on the day of June 18th, one soul blessed with the resilience to withstand all sins shall break the curse. With volition to wed and the pledge of union, the spell shall be unraveled.

Once a year, they may ascend to the mortal realm in pursuit of the mortal who can withstand their temptations. Through blood, by betrothal, the curse shall be lifted in its entirety.

Confined to the underworld, the princes' sole reprieve lies in a brief trip to the mortal realm, seeking a partner who reaches the age of twenty-five on the 18th of June. They must seek one capable of withstanding their sins. Annually, the seven sins are dispatched to the mortal plane for a mere twenty-four hours. Those who resist even one temptation earn an invitation to the illustrious Ball in Ferri. There, they shall be subjected to trials for each sin, in hope of discovering the one capable of withstanding them all.