Part 122 (Midgard)

"Are you sure you want to come with me? You really don't have to. I know the court isn't very pleased with you taking a vacation so early in your reign." I told Fjolnir a couple months later, a bright smile on my face. I laid on my side on his bed, watching as he packed a bag.

"I would like a proper tour of Midgard, rather than just New Asgard." He said with a chuckle. "I think you are the perfect person to give me such a tour. Or, at least, the only person I'd like to give me such a tour. Besides, father is fine to take my place for a short time, especially in order for me to spend more time with you."

"Okay." I smiled a bit more genuinely at his childish excitement, the way he shoved his bag full of clothes.

Then, to my surprise, I caught a glimpse of the notebook as he pulled it from his drawer, pushing it into the bag as well.

"You started writing again?" I questioned, sitting up.

"I... After I left Asgard, I truly thought about the things you had said, and... Yes, I started writing again."

"That's wonderful, Fjolnir."

He grinned at me, before closing his bag and standing. "Shall we?"

Landing was a bit rockier than landing on Vanaheim, but it wasn't awful.

Fjolnir was instantly wide eyed as he looked around us, the hustling of people speedily moving all around at 9am.

"This is..."

"New York." I stated, "Come on, the tower is this way."

"I thought you couldn't come back here." He stated as I grabbed his hand, trying to lead him through the normalcy that was crowded streets.

"I got pardoned. Everyone involved in that incident did, actually."

"So they admitted you were in the right." Fjolnir smiled.

"Well, they didn't exactly say that, but they did accept our point of view."

"That's wonderful, that you're welcome back in your home."

I nodded. "They, uh... They pardoned Loki, too."

That earned a surprised reaction from Fjolnir. "Why would they... After his death?"

"I pushed for it." I mumbled. "I offered enough proof that... I gave them what they needed to do so, even though I'm unsure he would've wanted that. I just didn't want his legacy in my own home to be something so horrid, something out of his control."

"Did it make you feel better?"

"No." I answered honestly. "Few things have given me glimpses of feeling better."

Fjolnir only nodded in response, his hand tightening in mine.

Walking into the tower, I nodded at the receptionist who smiled brightly at the sight of me. In the elevator I released Fjolnir's hand, making him frown.

"What?" I asked.

"I liked that." He said through a soft laugh.

"They'd get the wrong idea."

"Right, right. Of course."

"Dani!" Natasha said with a small smile. "You came back."

"Indeed, I've come back." I said with a sarcastic eye roll, but a smile on my face. "Things been... Not entirely shit?"

I could feel Nat's surprise with the way I was acting, and she nodded. "Who's this?"