Part 96 (Say Yes to Me)

The next morning I woke up in the plush comfort of an earth bed, the bare skin of my back pressed firmly against Loki's cool, bare chest as he held me close to him, his face still nuzzled to the top of my head. Sunlight shined through the window as it peaked just barely between the large, green mountains within the scenery. I sighed in content at the site.

"Good morning, dove." His husky, sleep-laced voice spoke softly. "I trust you're feeling well rested?"

"I could stay here, just like this, forever." I murmured, scooting closer to Loki.

"As much as I would love that, your friends might feel quite cross with us."

I giggled as I turned to face him, "Thank you for doing all this for me, Mischief."

"It's an honor to do such things for you. Now, come. Breakfast is likely ready and I wished to show you something before we spend the day with your Midgardians."

I smiled and nodded, getting up from the bed with a content sigh as Loki waved a hand, dressing me in some of my normal clothes. A nice, white hoodie with a black Stark Industries logo, along with a thick pair of black leggings. Loki guided me to the kitchen with his arm around my hip, his emotions a bundled mess.

I felt myself begin to question the different feelings, from happiness to... Anxiety? Nervousness? I wasn't quite sure, but told myself it was likely because we were on Midgard.

Loki was doing this to make me happy, of course midgard still made him nervous. We were both wanted, we were hiding with two more wanted individuals. Even if Loki was pretending that didn't matter, being nervous would make sense.

By the time we got to the kitchen Wanda had already finished making breakfast, which I thanked her profusely for only to be waved off and told it was nothing.

Once we all finished eating, Wanda insisted she needed to go take a long, hot shower. Apparently, being on the run with Vision didn't always allow for relaxation, so I encouraged it as Loki put a beanie on my head.

"We're going outside?" I guessed with a smile, and Loki nodded.

"Indeed, darling. There's a trail alongside the property that I think you'd adore."

He took my hand in his as he guided me out the door, through the grass behind the house.

It was a bit chilly out, but not uncomfortable. A nice 50ish degrees, I'd guess from the feeling. Loki and I walked along a small, dirt trail for a bit until the brush thinned out, leaving an even more stunning view of the sunrise as it now began to peak over a couple of the mountains.

"This is gorgeous." I murmured as I looked at it, a smile resting on my face as I took in the scene. The orangish yellow glow spread all across the landscape, making it look ethereal and godlike.

If I had to take a guess as to what Valhalla looked like, this would be my choice.

"Truly." Loki commented softly. "Your eyes, when glowing with power, remind me of these exact sunrises." He hummed now, standing beside me. "So majestic, a true beauty far too great for man."

I looked at him with what I was sure was a blush, shaking my head. "You never cease your flattery, do you? You'd think after all this time..."

"I spent a long while in the dungeons." Loki sighed softly, looking at me rather than the sunrise. "As strange as it may sound, and as embarrassing as it is to admit, I often thought of you."

"Of me?"

"I know, it's... Weird. But when I saw you, the real you behind the suit, I felt like... Like something had just snapped into place. Like I had found something, though I was unsure what. I caught myself thinking about that moment more often than how the invasion began, more often than my defeat. I didn't even know your name, who you were, if you... If you even survived." He stared at me for a second, and I tilted my head. "And then Thor brought me to the tower. I was sure you'd fear me, or despise me... But instead you had those same eyes. Those soft eyes full of kindness and... Care. Gods, those eyes have made me melt every time you've looked at me, even then."

"Lo." I whispered, taking his hand. I wanted him not to feel embarrassed, especially as he had waited so long to tell me even this much. "I asked about you, though they wouldn't as much as tell me your name. I asked, though. More often than anyone was comfortable with, especially Tony. And I told you, I wanted to stay. From the moment we met, even in those shitty circumstances, I've never wanted to leave your side. Nothing you've ever felt for me has been one sided."

"I love you, dove. I've always loved you, from the very first moment I knew that, somewhere deep within myself. I want nothing more in this lifetime than to gift you everything you could possibly need, want, or desire, to wake up next to you each morning, to have you by my side for this millennium and the next."

My heartbeat sped away as Loki knelt down onto a knee, one hand gripping mine while the other materialized a beautiful gold box that opened itself as he took a deep breath.

"Say yes to me, and I will never forget to appreciate you. I will love, protect, and honor you with every ounce of pride I have, every drop of blood I could possibly shed. Be my wife, my love, and I will work for the entirety of my life and after to be everything you deserve."

I nearly sobbed, but stood there with tears in my eyes and what I was sure was a stupid grin on my face. I could hardly speak when I opened my mouth, not even thinking before my voice was forced from my throat.

"Loki, I-... Yes, yes of course yes."

Loki grinned as he rose to his feet in a second, shoving his lips to mine in feverish need as I felt the cold metal on my finger. We kissed for what seemed like minutes before I heard the loud 'pop' of a champagne bottle behind me, making me break away to turn around.

"Don't worry, Ladybug, I got plenty of nice pictures." Tony smirked as he held a champagne glass in one hand, the bottle in the other. Thor, Wanda, and Vision all stood behind him, shifty grins on their faces as they practically shook with excitement.

I leaped forward, engulfing Tony in the tightest hug I possibly could as he squeaked out a laugh.

"Easy there, you might break me." He chuckled, "I've missed you too."

"I can't believe you..." I looked back at Loki, who was still grinning triumphantly, making me laugh. "This is perfect."

—————————————————————
AN:
Shoutout to @JaneRambo for having some of the funniest comments I've ever seen. They've put me in the perfect headspace to edit my next chapters, so everyone can thank them for my more consisten posts the last couple days 🤣 I've found myself struggling with my mental health since a rather recent family issue, so I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone with my slower postings. All the love to you all XO