Part 53 (Loki's POV)

Loki

Loki spent a majority of the day with Frigga, who had been purposely keeping him busy during Danielle's outing with Thor. She knew if she didn't, he'd likely drive himself mad.

"You know they're likely picking fun at this entire spectacle." Frigga eased her son as they walked through the gardens.

Loki glanced at her, but acted indifferent. He knew the relationship between Danielle and Thor well, he knew they were family. But that didn't change his annoyance towards any of this. Thor would do anything to please the Allfather, Loki knew. He was a child, seeking his father's pride.

"Thor will do his best, I'm sure." Loki's grumble came.

"You have little faith in your brother." Frigga sighed. "He does not wish to hurt you."

Loki rolled his eyes before noticing Odin, Freyr, and Fjolnir walking towards the training grounds.

"Come." Frigga hummed at her son as she followed.

Loki huffed as he did so, truly not wanting to be anywhere near the Allfather, or the man who would be attempting to steal his lady the next day. He had met Fjolnir quite a few times, and he always seemed like a quiet man. In all honesty, he knew very little about him, never having any serious conversations with him. Vanaheim did have a bad habit of thinking they were classier than Asgard, though, until they needed their warriors' help.

When they got to the training grounds, Loki couldn't help but chuckle. Thor and Danielle had apparently gone to spar rather than following the allfather's orders, now having been caught by the entirety of the family. They weren't even together, with Thor bothering Sif and Danielle deep in a spar with Sigurd. He watched as she fought him, gracefully knocking each of his attempts with a sword.

"Some romantic evening." Freyr commented as he noticed them.

Odin nearly growled.

"I thought you said she was a healer?" Fjolnir's comment sat in the air for a second, before Frigga responded.

"She is. She's quite talented in healing."

Freyr chuckled, "Then someone should probably get her off the field with these men before she gets hurt."

Just as the words left his mouth, Dani flipped around Sigurd's blade with ease, holding her own to his throat. They reset and only seconds later she knocked his sword clean from his hand.

Loki grinned, knowing she was using the moves he had taught her. It was his fighting style, exceptionally different from the other warriors who relied on brute strength, and he knew Odin had noticed it as well.

"Father." Thor said when he rushed to Odin, clearly knowing his father's disapproval.

"Take her back to the palace." Odin growled. "This is no way to court a woman."

Thor rubbed the back of his neck, but nodded. "She wished to see the training grounds; I was just humoring." He tried to excuse.

Odin grunted in response, and Thor wasted no time running to Danielle.

If looks could kill, Odin would be dead. That much Loki was sure of when she looked up at the king, tongue in cheek. She was pissed, and the site alone made Loki chuckle. That caught Dani's gaze as she grinned back at him, before mumbling with Thor for a moment.

Loki thought she may refuse to leave, angering the Allfather further, but she didn't. Instead, she shot him one last glare and curtsied, before stomping off with Thor.

Frigga found this just as humorous, her small act of rebellion enraging the Allfather. Frigga encouraged her son to go about his day without her. He knew she would calm the king down, so he agreed, going back to the palace.

Only a few hours later the girl had stumbled back to her room, falling into the bed without even noticing Loki's presence. She was drunk, likely having tried keeping up with Thor.

"Tiring day, darling?"

"I played drunken hide and seek with Thor. I lost." Her voice sang from the bed, slurring occasionally.

Loki smiled at that, fond memories of doing the same with his brother flooding his brain. He was incredibly pleased, in all honesty, that the pair had taken the allfather's command as an excuse to be friends once again. Loki would never admit it, but he hated the idea of Thor and Dani fighting like they had been. If for nothing else, because he could tell it hurt her. She loved Thor, and having already lost the favor of Tony he knew she'd need more than him to lean on.

"I'll have to show you the best spots, I never lost. You enjoyed yourself today?"

"Until asshole came and ruined our fun." She grumbled, still frustrated with the king. "I was having a good time at the training grounds."

"I could tell, my love." Loki sang as he took off her shoes, an attempt to give her a better resting state for sleep. "You did quite well with what I taught you."

"Are you gonna sleep in here with me?"

That question nearly made Loki sink right there. He had no intention of sleeping with her, not in her drunken state and especially not when she was supposed to be choosing between him and two others. He didn't want to pressure her, force her into her decision, he thought to himself.

That was what he wanted to think, at least. Instead, he wanted Danielle to choose him on her own. To know he hadn't manipulated the situation in any way; he wanted her to believe him worthy. He wanted her to choose him knowing she didn't have to.

If she didn't choose him, everyone aught be afraid. He would reduce Asgard to ash for her, destroy any remnants of either other prince if need be. He would have the Allfather bleeding at his feet if his treasure was stolen out from underneath him.

"Not tonight. It's rather rude to do so after a formal outing with another." He said, though he wanted nothing more than to curl up next to her, hold her through the night. He wanted nothing more than to prove to her how much he cared for her, to worship every inch of her.

"Since when do you care about being rude?" Loki chuckled as the words left her mouth, kissing her forehead in an attempt to calm her.

"Allow me to give you space."

Dani opened her mouth, as if to beg him, and it made his heart twinge.

"Shhh." His lips softly gestured, his hands easing her back down onto the bed. "I will see you tomorrow evening, dove."