Part 35 (Taken)

I woke up on the couch of Frigga's study, hearing commotion beyond the bolted doors. They shook with each bang, and Frigga stood directly between me and them, blade in hand. I tried to force myself up, but the mind-splitting headache wouldn't ease enough to allow it. I groaned at the never ending bangs and almost didn't notice the doors crash open, the same man from the flames now standing in the corridor.

"Give her to me, and you'll be left alive." He had said, his voice deep and hoarse. He took deep, heaving breaths with his mouth and paused before taking a single step in the room, smiling victoriously as he did.

"You do not know the repercussions of your actions here today. The king will show you no mercy." Frigga said strongly in a tone I had never heard from her. She stood straight and rigid, her chin tilted upwards.

I looked down at my gauntlet, clung tightly to my wrist and tried to sit up once more, only being half successful. I was prepared to put it on myself and defend Frigga, I really was. But when I saw the man launch himself forward, the only thing I could think to do was launch my gauntlet with a sling of commands, watching the suit engulf her. The man froze, looking directly at me.

"Well then, little love. I'm You just made my task far easier."

As he walked towards me I felt adrenaline take over my body, my head becoming numb to the pain. I quickly scurried off the couch and finally put my years of hand combat training to good use. When he grabbed me I struck at his face, pushing my feet off the floor and using his own shoulders to hoist myself onto him. I wrapped my legs around his head and neck from behind, using my elbow to bash down onto the top of his head.

He rammed himself backwards into Frigga's bookshelves, books flying off at the force and my hearing being replaced by a loud ring.

He threw me forward off his shoulders when I paused at the hit, right into Frigga's desk which shattered at the force behind my body. I groaned as I pushed myself up, grabbing one of the legs to smack across his face twice.

Blood streamed down from his nose and lip, making his face a bloody mess from the nose down. I tried to swing the leg again only to be met by his hand around my wrist, flinging me effortlessly all the way to the hall. I laid on my back in the hall, letting out a huff of discomfort at the stone underneath me.

I managed to flip myself to my hands in knees, but felt the back of my dress being grabbed. The man leaned down beside me just in time for me to hear my name being shouted from the distance, and then all I saw were flames.

I must've passed out once again at the feeling of teleporting, because the next thing I knew I woke up in an eerily familiar bed.

I looked around the room, the nostalgic site almost making me forget what had happened prior. The walls were a dark, stone filled grey, the curtains a burgundy color that matched the bed set perfectly, and the bookcases along the room were black. Paintings in elaborate black frames also decorated the walls, as well as green vines filled with flowers.

The room was huge, big enough that several feet away from my bed felt like an entirely different room, complete with burgundy couches and a black fireplace that shined brightly from the flames inside it.

But I already knew all this was there. I knew this room. I stood from the bed hesitantly, feeling an overwhelming amount of emotion just from being there, within what used to be immediate comfort. But that felt like a past life anymore.

"Finally, you're awake." I heard overpower the sound of the crackling fire and the rain hitting the window. "It took you long enough."

I turned to the voice, to the man standing in my doorway. He smiled softly at me, before coming into the room and sitting down on the couch directly beside the fire. His face was still busted and bruised, but he had cleaned the blood off.